Gibson Brands Forums

Explorer Bridge Pickup Slanted?

Edam

Hi all,

I've just received a new Explorer Antique Natural Left Handed today. I've been wanting this guitar for years and absolutely love it straight out of the box.

I've noticed that the bridge pickup had a pretty obvious slant. It's lower toward the neck than it is toward the bridge. See attached photo.

It seems deliberate as it's fairly solidly in that position. I've not seen this before so not sure about this really. Have never owned a Gibson before just Ibanez and PRS.

Nothing obviously wrong tonally,  and not fouling the strings at all, but would appreciate any thoughts?

16415701950896898651693715946043.thumb.jpg.7cf61448cbaf35f3df7f1cdca9a7e7d5.jpg

7 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

That should not have left like that.  

They must need to buy some light bulbs.

They say LED light bulbs last about 7 years. Maybe Gibson should step into the 21st Century with regards to lighting. I'm an electrician and  can change them out for them at the going rate for an electrician.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

All a bit worrying really for a guitar at this price level. For my first Gibson (having played guitar for 18 years and always wanting to own one) I'd have expected a bit more attention to detail!

Hadn't even realised the bridge was off either until giving it a closer inspection.