Gibson Brands Forums

Has Clapton Lost the Plot?

IanHenry

33 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He did it once to the poor dinosaurs.

There is not law that was passed I'm aware of that says you must get the vax and how would you enforce it anyway. Remember when we were all supposed to prove we had health care and they were going to fine you if you didn't. How you gonna fine a homeless person with no address or $. Hey all you homeless guys and girls in Tent City, get your a-sses up and go down and get your shot now or (we) the government will be really mad.

Do you think Biden remembers what he had for breakfast this morning? Just a question off topic of course.

Well I don't think there's ever been a law passed passed by the senate mandating people with cars to stop at red lights either, but typically mandates are mostly enforced at the state level. The hope is that common sense will prevail with most people.

The homeless aspect is very unfortunate, and I'm not sure how that can be fixed because there is no money / profit in it, like there is with homeless / stray cats and dogs.... It truly is a sad situation, when some people are more concerned about someone like Brittany Spears, (a person with a boatload of money).

As for the president, I don't know the first thing about doing his job and what he remembers. I'm sure he and most ex-presidents have forgotten more about government than I'll ever know.

7 minutes ago, duane v said:

Well I don't think there's ever been a law passed passed by the senate mandating people with cars to stop at red lights either, but typically mandates are mostly enforced at the state level. The hope is that common sense will prevail with most people.

The homeless aspect is very unfortunate, and I'm not sure how that can be fixed because there is no money / profit in it, like there is with homeless / stray cats and dogs.... It truly is a sad situation, when some people are more concerned about someone like Brittany Spears, (a person with a boatload of money).

As for the president, I don't know the first thing about doing his job and what he remembers. I'm sure he's and most ex-presidents forgotten more about government than I'll ever know.

Wait, I thought the Senate and House make the laws and the POTUS signs them into law unless vetoed,  which rarely happens. I live in VA and this is what I just looked up. Remember its from the net. No those laws at red lights are State level.

Virginia law requires all vehicles to stop on a red light signal. Right turns on red are permitted unless otherwise posted. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wait, I thought the Senate and House make the laws and the POTUS signs them into law unless vetoed, 

Nope that is not the case.

Vaccine mandates have been the American way of life since 1777 when George Washington mandated smallpox vaccines for the Continental Army. That had to be  scary considering vaccines were very new. What was even more intriguing is that George Washington used his wife (Martha) as a ginny pig by having her get the vaccine in front of the Continental Army to show there were no after-effects.  

Just now, duane v said:

Nope that is not the case.

Vaccine mandates have been the American way of life since 1777 when George Washington mandated smallpox vaccines for the Continental Army. That had to be a scary considering vaccines were very new. What was even more intriguing is that George Washington used his wife (Martha) as a ginny pig by having her get the vaccine in front of the Continental Army to show there were not after-effects.  

Ever been in the military? I was for 23 years and that is what is called following orders. When in the military you can not refuse medical treatment, cause like it or not your technically government property. Mandates are not laws and people break laws all the time as well. Now with this new vax, some military personnel refused to get it and we are waiting to see what will happen due to it.

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ever been in the military? I was for 23 years and that is what is called following orders. When in the military you can not refuse medical treatment, cause like it or not your technically government property. Mandates are not laws and people break laws all the time as well. Now with this new vax, some military personnel refused to get it and we are waiting to see what will happen due to it.

No military for me, but soldiers are not considered property, but termed as employee's.... Some people may believe that military personnel are government property. Such is NOT the position of the U.S. government.

That's interesting Duane.  And for future consideration, it's GUINEA PIG.  [wink]

I fail to get why some huge businesses wouldn't go along with a vaccine mandate for their employees.  It would help protect the already experienced workforce they already employ, and prevent having to go through the now difficult process of finding replacements for those who become infected and hospitalized and possibly deceased, and suffering productivity downturns while the new employees try to get up to speed as to how to efficiently do the jobs they're the replacements for.   It's not too much different from where I used to work(GM) which, depending on which job you were assigned, required certain clothing, footwear and eyewear  or you'd be sent home and refused to do your job until you complied.

Whitefang

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

I used to do structural engineering.  I'd show up at a construction site and there'd be twenty "big experts" with 'rettes hanging off their lips and donut juice on their faces telling me how everything works. 

I can't imagine how stupid everybody must seem when you're a doctor.

Boy, you're not kidding...

6 minutes ago, duane v said:

No military for me, but soldiers are not considered property, but termed as employee's.... Some people may believe that military personnel are government property. Such is NOT the position of the U.S. government.

Yeah the term property is not quite right, but the military unlike the private sector you don't get employed, you enlist or get a commission, and you sign on the line for certain period of time, and you just can't say "Later US Navy I'm taking my toys and going home", whenever you feel like it. Man I am just not feeling this war today, anyone what to go to DD and get a coffee, this is not what I signed up for.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

That's interesting Duane.  And for future consideration, it's GUINEA PIG.  [wink]

I fail to get why some huge businesses wouldn't go along with a vaccine mandate for their employees.  It would help protect the already experienced workforce they already employ, and prevent having to go through the now difficult process of finding replacements for those who become infected and hospitalized and possibly deceased, and suffering productivity downturns while the new employees try to get up to speed as to how to efficiently do the jobs they're the replacements for.   It's not too much different from where I used to work(GM) which, depending on which job you were assigned, required certain clothing, footwear and eyewear  or you'd be sent home and refused to do your job until you complied.

Whitefang

I think there is two fold:

If a business decides to take the jump and mandate vaccines for all its employees, and in the rare instance an employee has a reaction and dies, that could be a huge litigation nightmare for the company.

I received all three vaccines and I wear a mask where it is posted to do so (Please Wear A Mask). Do I like wearing a mask? No.... And I'm still a bit chagrinned  I have to wear a mask after being administered three Covid Vaccines. But we have a rule at our house that if you are not fully vaccinated (must show proof) you can't come over and hang out. Is it a lousy rule? Maybe.... But it's a rule I expect people that upon entering my house must adhere to: It doesn't mean I think they are bad people because they don't want to wear a mask or get a Covid vaccine.... It's just house rules 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, duane v said:

I think there is two fold:

If a business decides to take the jump and mandate vaccines for all its employees, and in the rare instance an employee has a reaction and dies, that could be a huge litigation nightmare for the company.

I received all three vaccines and I wear a mask where it is posted to do so (Please Wear A Mask). Do I like wearing a mask? No.... And I'm still a bit chagrinned  I have to wear a mask after being administered three Covid Vaccines. But we have a rule at our house that if you are not fully vaccinated (must show proof) you can't come over and hang out. Is it a lousy rule? Maybe.... But it's a rule I expect people that upon entering my house must adhere to: It doesn't mean I think they are bad people because they don't want to wear a mask or get a Covid vaccine.... It's just house rules 😉

How are they going to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt it was the shot if that ever happens? Getting a vax is not like ODing on Heroine. And I saddly have first hand experiance with that s-hit as my step son for a while though Horse was a good life choice. He's clean but did OD once and is lucky to be alive. People die and the buzz word is Covid Related, and what else was going on in their body what we were not aware of or not being told?

I have not had my 3rd shot, but the first two made me feel like c-rap the day after. I'm still here as I just typed this.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How are they going to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt it was the shot if that ever happens? People die and the buzz word is Covid Related, and what else was going on in their body what we were not aware of? 

People have consequential adverse effects to all different types of vaccines all the time, and science has the ability to pinpoint the cause of death to a specific cause. 

Is science 100% correct in all it analysis? Not always. But I'll take science over opinion any day of the week.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, duane v said:

People have consequential adverse effects to all different types of vaccines all the time, and science has the ability to pinpoint the cause of death to a specific cause. 

Is science 100% correct in all it analysis? Not always. But I'll take science over opinion any day of the week.

I'm all about science too as I wanted to be a Biologist, but was to stupid to pass my Chemistry classes. But people are getting sick of hearing trust the science, especially from people who are not.

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm all about science too as I wanted to be a Biologist, but was to stupid to pass my Chemistry classes. But people are getting sick of hearing trust the science, especially from people who are not.

What people? How you choose to accept scientific info is up to you.

The reason I think we don't hear from most scientist is because they are too busy being scientist, so the information is mostly second hand, so I guess one has to decide whom they will trust with that information. Plus in today's world, people just want cliff notes on most things, but get pissed off at the messenger when they don't read the fine print..... Example: Failing to carefully read the assembly instructions on Ikea furniture, then having to take it half way apart.

52 minutes ago, duane v said:

The last company I worked for was American (GE bought us up). After a couple of months they passed a memo 'round stating that every idea we had belonged to the company.

I still owe them six songs, 267 guitar solos and a dirty joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, duane v said:

What people? How you choose to accept scientific info is up to you.

The reason I think we don't hear from most scientist is because they are too busy being scientist, so the information is mostly second hand, so I guess one has to decide whom they will trust with that information. Plus in today's world, people just want cliff notes on most things, but get pissed off at the messenger when they don't read the fine print..... Example: Failing to carefully read the assembly instructions on Ikea furniture, then having to take it half way apart.

Are they locked in labs forced to do science stuff and never get to have a coffee break?

1 minute ago, merciful-evans said:

The last company I worked for was American (GE bought us up). After a couple of months they passed a memo 'round stating that every idea we had belonged to the company.

I still owe them six songs, 267 guitar solos and a dirty joke.

Lol!!

Actually that is not the law: When Obama signed the first to file law businesses had to change the way on how IP is handled. Now if you signed an NDA, certainly any ideas that pertain directly to company assets can be considered company IP.

If the above is bothering, there are plenty of companies that don't have these type of NDA requirements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Are they locked in labs forced to do science stuff and never get to have a coffee break?

I'm the wrong person to ask: I'm not a Biologist.... But I'm sure plenty of infectious / highly contagious pathogens are locked away somewhere.... One can only hope.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Call me stupid, all those vaccinations did not bother me except the yearly flu shot. That damn shot made me sick every year, or so it seemed. I haven't had a flu shot since I been discharged. 

edit: Yellow Fever kicked my butt, but that was a one time ordeal.

Edited by Big Bill

4 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Call me stupid, all those vaccinations did not bother me except the yearly flu shot. That damn shot made me sick every year, or so it seemed. I haven't had a flu shot since I been discharged. 

edit: Yellow Fever kicked my butt, but that was a one time ordeal.

Haven't had a flu shot since I retired from the military in 2011. Ya know what else I haven't had in the last 10 years, you guessed it the flu.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Haven't had a flu shot since I retired from the military in 2011. Ya know what else I haven't had in the last 10 years, you guessed it the flu.

Funny thing is I haven't been sick with anything going on two years since wearing masks in indoor public settings (1.5 years). Either those damn masks really work, or I have become better at washing my hands more often.... or both.

I think after all is said and done, I will continue to wear masks in stores and only use outside seating at restaurants. I now always have a bottle of Purrell whenever I leave the house.

If one thing good has come out of it for me, I have cut down on picking my nose and biting my fingernails. 

• Haha 1