Gibson Brands Forums

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Californiaman

Is Record Store Day!!!

https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/585

So are you into licorice pizza? I am.  So is my son.  It's been nice seeing his collection grow over the last couple of years.

I see a few albums on the official web sight for Record Store Day that interest me.  Alice in Chains will release, We Die Young (14,300 copies). Not necessarily a limited release, but it's  Alice in Chains that I don't own. The original EP dropped in 1990.

Bad Company puts out Live 1979.  It's limited to quantity of 3,000 pressings.  Originally released on 2CD in 2016 as part of the "Live 1977 & 1979” box, Bad Company’s 1979 set from London’s Wembley Empire Pool is the proper live album that the original line-up never had.  Includes timeless live versions of “Feel Like Makin’ Love,” “Bad Company,” “Shooting Star” and “Can’t Get Enough”. It’s first vinyl pressing is this double album opaque orange vinyl release for Record Store Day 2022. 

Speaking of live recordings... Black Label Society drops a live double album called Alcohol Fueled Brewtality Live.  Only 2600 copies.  First time on vinyl in the US. 180g 2LP splatter w/download card. Not included in the recent Black Label Society box set.

I also spied a Slash & Myles Kennedy with the Conspirators Live From Studio 60. Limited to just 2,250 units.

While I'm not a big fan of the band Sepulture, they are releasing Revolusongs with a quantity of just 1800 records.

And for those die hard Alice Cooper fans is a 2 LP, and a record day first. (5000) The first US vinyl release since 2011 of the original eleven-song album. On Brutal Brown double 180g vinyl, pressed at 45 RPM, with a download card included.   Brutal Planet Tracks are: Wicked Young Man, Sanctuary, Blow Me A Kiss, Eat Some More, Pick Up The Bones, Pessi-Mystic, Gimme, It's The Little Things, Take It Like A Woman, Cold Machines

The last time I listened to vinyl was at the birthday party of a sax player from the jazz band we were in. Lots of jazz that afternoon. There was an amazing lady there who was singing along to a Charlie Parker solo. She knew the track so well, she could sing every note to it.  

I don't have a turntable anymore. I have close to 1k of old vinyl that had to be rescued from my old house (sold it last year). 

I have a lot of various old vinyl in the basement.  Also a turntable but no amp or receiver to hook it up to.  But I'm working on it, and then will go through the process of finding out which LPs are still acceptably playable.  And really, I'm not aware of any outlets in my area that still sells any vinyl.  Old or new.  Except thrift stores, which only deal with old.  [wink]

Whitefang

My neighbor recently cleaned up his basement and set up his old turn table.  It seems every time I'm down there now he's listening to an old beat up Mad Dogs and Englishmen record. 

I'll have to show him this list.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:09 AM, saturn said:

My neighbor recently cleaned up his basement and set up his old turn table.  It seems every time I'm down there now he's listening to an old beat up Mad Dogs and Englishmen record. 

I'll have to show him this list.

My mom loved Joe. She had that on vinyl. I have some of her old Elvis and Neil Diamond albums, but can't find that one.