20 hours ago, gearbasher said:

These would rank as edible band names in some parts of the world:

Cat Stevens

The Stone Poneys

The Monkees

Three Dog Night

Buddy Holly and the Crickets

The Turtles 

I think the sophisticated French and Italians eat horse.

Band Of Horses 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Fun fact; an obscure USA band called Eggs Over Easy was/were the main instigators of the English pub rock scene in the early 1970s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggs_over_Easy

Wasn’t there an English Prog Rock band called Egg? Or was that the name of a Gong album. My brain is mush.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wasn’t there an English Prog Rock band called Egg? Or was that the name of a Gong album. My brain is mush.

Yes there was and the Gong LP was Angel's Egg.

I don't want to eat Fishbone or Phish thankyou! [biggrin]

On 5/16/2022 at 1:19 PM, ghost_of_fl said:

Found the millennial. 

Gotta wonder what you mean by that.  I'm far from a millennial.   and really, since Kracker is from the Detroit area, like the music or not we're still familiar at the correct spelling of the name.  [wink]

Whitefang

Spare me Ghost.  Of course I know the term "Dixie".   "Chix" is another matter though.  I've seen some use IT instead of writing "Chicks"(Like some businesses use "E-Z credit" instead of "easy".)  But as there are no Chix restaurants in my area (I've never seen any anyway). The term really isn't all that "commonly" used in the first place.  

And all this crap started over my making an off-color jest at your entry of DIXIE CHICKS as an edible band  :rolleyes:  that maybe you didn't grasp...?

Whitefang

But recall.....

You posted "Dixie Chicks"   not "Chix".   And since the thread IS about "edible band names",  That entry could take no other course except  ribald  goofiness.    I don't know about you, but when I (and likely most everyone else)  hear or read the word "chicks" my mind goes to...

1.  girls and women of the human species.

2.  Baby chickens, which really aren't edible(unless you're really into things like Ortolans [cool]).

Whitefang

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

But recall.....

You posted "Dixie Chicks"   not "Chix".   And since the thread IS about "edible band names",  That entry could take no other course except  ribald  goofiness.    I don't know about you, but when I (and likely most everyone else)  hear or read the word "chicks" my mind goes to...

1.  girls and women of the human species.

2.  Baby chickens, which really aren't edible(unless you're really into things like Ortolans [cool]).

Whitefang

I wouldn't eat the Dixie Chicks, they would probably just run their mouths about politics the whole time, and hey I'm down here working, can you shut up so I can concentrate. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

We need to take a refined and classy approach to this thread, enhancing it with an unrivalled range of innovative and complex edible band names and other ribald goofiness  (woah!)  that will tantalise guests' palettes!

So there.   And BTW....

Since 2020 they are just The Chicks. 

\:D/

Edited by jdgm
  • Thanks 1