Gibson Brands Forums

Noel Gallagher - ES-355 TDSV

Hype

17 hours ago, Hype said:

Lucille’s aren’t really a rarity. Simply because Gibson produced an abundance of them. They were practically a staple in the Production line. Unless, perhaps you had a unique one off..

Here it the guitar in question, I changed the tortoise shell guard to a black one, put a rhythm/treble washer and put peace signs on the knobs. At that point it was the most expensive guitar I ever bought and I got it used.

gpUengU.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CodenameMAT said:

Just to clear something up. 
Noel has at least two 355s. Liam smashed #2. Gibson based this one on his #1. 

Yes most of us know this. The one Liam destroyed then was repaired and sold for crazy amount is a long guard..

1 hour ago, Hype said:

Yes most of us know this. The one Liam destroyed then was repaired and sold for crazy amount is a long guard..

We as guitarist know the true tone come from the pickguard.

If my bother smashed any of my guitars, he would be my brother in the hospital with a concussion and lots of bruises. And I would beat him with the neck of the guitar he just broke.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

What kind of a Lucille has a Slim Taper neck?

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/CUSAHS633/Transparent-Ebony

They changed the pick ups, too, along with the color and neck inlays.  

Seven grand?  That's one way to make it a collector's item, price them so high nobody will buy them.

Edited by SteveFord

On 9/5/2022 at 8:53 PM, SteveFord said:

Seven grand?  That's one way to make it a collector's item, price them so high nobody will buy them.

That is the text book definition of Greed.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:53 PM, SteveFord said:

Nice Transparent Ebony color..

I'm on Reverb looking at guitars, cause that is what us losers do. And there are now 5 Noel's for sale. From 12k to 19k. Yes I know that is what they are asking, and until its sold its just a dollar amount he wants. The one at 19k says it's in someones cart. These are all brand new, and should be mint, unless Liam got around one. Why would you buy the most expensive one?

2 have sold. One for 11.5k, and one for almost 13k.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm on Reverb looking at guitars, cause that is what us losers do. And there are now 5 Noel's for sale. From 12k to 19k. Yes I know that is what they are asking, and until its sold its just a dollar amount he wants. The one at 19k says it's in someones cart. These are all brand new, and should be mint, unless Liam got around one. Why would you buy the most expensive one?

2 have sold. One for 11.5k, and one for almost 13k.

Reverb is basically a scalpers playground. I bought a brand new Korg SDD-3000 pedal back when they first came out (2011ish) for about $300 something & taxes. When they started selling out or there weren’t many available I checked Reverb…I was like $1000?????? And that was for the new pedal version, not the original ‘80s rackmount..

9 minutes ago, Hype said:

Reverb is basically a scalpers playground. I bought a brand new Korg SDD-3000 pedal back when they first came out (2011ish) for about $300 something & taxes. When they started selling out or there weren’t many available I checked Reverb…I was like $1000?????? And that was for the new pedal version, not the original ‘80s rackmount..

It’s not Verb, it’s the seller and called Capitalism and greed. Reverb sets no sale price, the seller does, Verb only sets their fees, which blow.

Flea Bay is the same. I have one of the few made, and you want it, so I can name my price, or you can’t have it. Gibson also knows exactly what they are doing with limited runs and fueling the fire. I swear if Gibson could find a legal way to somehow get a cut of your used guitar sale, they would.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

20 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It’s not Verb, it’s the seller and called Capitalism and greed. Reverb sets no sale price, the seller does, Verb only sets their fees, which blow.

Flea Bay is the same. I have one of the few made, and you want it, so I can name my price, or you can’t have it. Gibson also knows exactly what they are doing with limited runs and fueling the fire. I swear if Gibson could find a legal way to somehow get a cut of your used guitar sale, they would.

I’m not blaming Reverb by any means. It’s the scalpers for sure. But I understand the supply and demand aspect. I mean it depends on which side of the fence you are on. When you are a buyer it sucks, when you are a seller and can get the price you ask for, it’s amazing..

23 hours ago, Hype said:

I’m not blaming Reverb by any means. It’s the scalpers for sure. But I understand the supply and demand aspect. I mean it depends on which side of the fence you are on. When you are a buyer it sucks, when you are a seller and can get the price you ask for, it’s amazing..

Yep Just like Springsteen, or what ever ticket service he is using and charging a few thousand for a seat at his show. People will pay it cause they gotta see The Boss spew his political s-hit at his show. Same with Stub Hub, its legal scalping, nothing more, and nothing less. And if you think Gibson is not over charging, please let me come over and take a toke of what you got, cause it has to be better than my stuff.

I'm seeing Ringo Starr next week, a living legend and one of the two remaining Beatles. I got tix in the 17 row for $130 a peice and that was not second hand or Stub Hub, that is first party. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 9/17/2022 at 4:56 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yep Just like Springsteen, or what ever ticket service he is using and charging a few thousand for a seat at his show. People will pay it cause they gotta see The Boss spew his political s-hit at his show. Same with Stub Hub, its legal scalping, nothing more, and nothing less. And if you think Gibson is not over charging, please let me come over and take a toke of what you got, cause it has to be better than my stuff.

I'm seeing Ringo Starr next week, a living legend and one of the two remaining Beatles. I got tix in the 17 row for $130 a peice and that was not second hand or Stub Hub, that is first party. 

Do you know who's playing in Ringo's All-Star Band this time around?  He always gets a good, eclectic group, although I don't know if it's always the same for the entire tour...

My niece and nephew took their own kids to see Paul McCartney a month or two ago, at Camden Yards in Baltimore (I think), which made me very jealous.  The set list looked awesome.  Their two boys are early teens, and I don't think the younger one (11-ish?) appreciated things fully.  He thought the best part of the show was the light-show / fireworks during "Live And Let Die".  And the popcorn....  (Oh well!)  But when they are older, they can say they saw a Beatle live....

The last time I saw Springsteen was for the Born In the USA tour, (1985? 1986?), at Soldier Field in Chicago.  An awesome show, without the politics (or at least not much).

I remember when I was in college (mid-70's), my girlfriend (now my wife) and I got roped into taking her little sister (Junior High age) to see the Jackson 5 at a smallish "theater in the round" venue in the Chicago area.  I had little or no interest in this, but it was a surprisingly (to me) good show, and now I regard it as a fairly special experience.  Michael was maybe 16 at the time.  LaToya joined the five brothers for a few songs, and they even brought out "little Janet" (maybe 5 or 6 years old???) for a song or two.  

3 minutes ago, rschleicher said:

Do you know who's playing in Ringo's All-Star Band this time around?  He always gets a good, eclectic group, although I don't know if it's always the same for the entire tour...

My niece and nephew took their own kids to see Paul McCartney a month or two ago, at Camden Yards in Baltimore (I think), which made me very jealous.  The set list looked awesome.  Their two boys are early teens, and I don't think the younger one (11-ish?) appreciated things fully.  He thought the best part of the show was the light-show / fireworks during "Live And Let Die".  And the popcorn....  (Oh well!)  But when they are older, they can say they saw a Beatle live....

The last time I saw Springsteen was for the Born In the USA tour, (1985? 1986?), at Soldier Field in Chicago.  An awesome show, without the politics (or at least not much).

I remember when I was in college (mid-70's), my girlfriend (now my wife) and I got roped into taking her little sister (Junior High age) to see the Jackson 5 at a smallish "theater in the round" venue in the Chicago area.  I had little or no interest in this, but it was a surprisingly (to me) good show, and now I regard it as a fairly special experience.  Michael was maybe 16 at the time.  LaToya joined the five brothers for a few songs, and they even brought out "little Janet" (maybe 5 or 6 years old???) for a song or two.  

Steve Lukather and Edgar Winter are in the band. The bassist, I can’t remember who it is, but he’s well known.

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Steve Lukather and Edgar Winter are in the band. The bassist, I can’t remember who it is, but he’s well known.

Cool!  The below Wikipedia article says the bassist is Hamish Stuart.   Colin Hay is also in the band - he is the vocalist from Australian band Men At Work (their big hit being "Who Can It Be Now?" - maybe not the actual song title...).

The linked article lists the very impressive list of former All-Star Band participants.  When they played at a local winery venue some years back, Joe Walsh had a prominent role.  Maybe it was between some of the multiple Eagles "farewell" tours...  😄

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringo_Starr_%26_His_All-Starr_Band

22 hours ago, rschleicher said:

Cool!  The below Wikipedia article says the bassist is Hamish Stuart.   Colin Hay is also in the band - he is the vocalist from Australian band Men At Work (their big hit being "Who Can It Be Now?" - maybe not the actual song title...).

The linked article lists the very impressive list of former All-Star Band participants.  When they played at a local winery venue some years back, Joe Walsh had a prominent role.  Maybe it was between some of the multiple Eagles "farewell" tours...  😄

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringo_Starr_%26_His_All-Starr_Band

It was a great show. Colin sang Who Can It Be Now?, Down Under, and Overkill.

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Now that Gibson is doing a 50k Greeny LP, the Noel now seems like pocket change.

Yup. And buyers have to buy and pickup at the Gibson Garage. They took out the middle man completely. All 50 have been spoken for already. Most likely friends/family/celebs first. Also, there is a whole “Gibson Experience” that accompanies buying the Greeny/Moore/Hammit LP (eg dinner, meet Tom Murphy, autograph session, etc)…

22 minutes ago, Hype said:

Yup. And buyers have to buy and pickup at the Gibson Garage. They took out the middle man completely. All 50 have been spoken for already. Most likely friends/family/celebs first. Also, there is a whole “Gibson Experience” that accompanies buying the Greeny/Moore/Hammit LP (eg dinner, meet Tom Murphy, autograph session, etc)…

Wish I was a rich family member/crony/lawyer/doctor/sports team owner/actor/YT Influencer, so I could be a somebody too, and own 3k guitar that Gibson charges 50k after a guy puts dings and dents and scratches in it with an ice pick, and eat dinner with the guitarist from ‘Tallica that has a man perm. 50k x 50 = 2.5 million dollars. I’ll repeat that $2,500,000. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wish I was a rich family member/crony/lawyer/doctor/sports team owner/actor/YT Influencer, so I could be a somebody too , and own 3k guitar that Gibson charges is 50k after a guy puts dings in with an ice pick, and eat dinner with the guitarist from ‘Tallica that has a man perm.

You really should talk to Cesar, maybe he can help you out. Doubt there’d be any scalpers for this one..

1 minute ago, Hype said:

The guy who helps run Gibson. He has all the connections….His not just in upper management of Gibson Guitars…He’s also a client.

Did he get that fake hair from the club for men too?

Yes I know who you were talking about. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper