Gibson Brands Forums

Golf Carts

Sgt. Pepper

In a different thread I mentioned that Golf Carts in SC in North Myrtle Beach is a big part of life here. Once it gets warm its my daily ritual to drive down to Ocean Blvd, it's about 10 mins away from the house, and look at girls walking The Strand in bikinis. Cause I like girls in bikinis. Well since its Memorial Day weekend the Golf Carts are out in full force. 

Well if your from out of town and you own your own, you need a way to get your Golf Cart to your rental property somehow. You can't see it from the photo, but it stars on it and I think they are Cowboys fans.

xP84rH3.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The Street is Ocean Blvd. There are signs posted all over, the sign that is facing the other way in the median is probably one that says "No Golf Carts Permitted On Ocean Blvd". Well I'm a tourist, and that doesn't apply to me right? Saw the cops had a few pulled over the day before. I was behind this cart for about a mile, so they were not just coming form the beach and going across the street to where they  were staying. Bisecting the Blvd is not against the law. Driving on it for a mile certainly is.

Jasrrm2.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Nothing special about this pic. Scooters usually mean you got a DUI and its your loophole to getting around that isn't a bike or walking. The scooter does not look like a rental, cause those are plastered with the company name on them. Oh, and there is about 10 bars that you could hit with a rock if you threw one from where the scooter is parked. 

F2RgVTi.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

So come on down. We can go out for all you can eat crab legs (I seriously need to do that soon), buy some Trump garbage, see girls fit themselves into bathing suits they shouldn't, drink some beers, and fire up the grill. 

An insight to a culture I didn't know existed. Golf carts without golfers. 

The nearest thing we have to that around here is mobility scooters. I have noticed that they are getting bigger and faster these last few years. There are even off road versions now. Weird.

The golf cart looks like a step up nevertheless.

2 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

An insight to a culture I didn't know existed. Golf carts without golfers. 

The nearest thing we have to that around here is mobility scooters. I have noticed that they are getting bigger and faster these last few years. There are even off road versions now. Weird.

The golf cart looks like a step up nevertheless.

Golf is huge around here, but why drive your car when you can get in your golf cart and drive around. 

22 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Are they taxed, registered, licenced? 

They have to be street legal. I’m sure SC taxes them and they probably need to be registered, but I’m sure it’s not as much as a car.

Here in the Heartland, it's all 4 wheelers, ATV's, UTV's and such. Knobby tires and some are pretty darned big. Never see golf carts around here except at a golf course.

I have a few at the cabin, will probably ride today.

h6Pkr6o.jpg

I've seen videos of a few places where golf carts have evolved to a whole new level.  I believe in retirement communities, I'd guess in Florida.  The rich old farts trick out  their golf carts out, spending as much as a new car would cost.  Obviously, this is not the first First World Problem we've uncovered here:  Maybe some customers are retired pimps. 

GolfCartStore.net-Golf-Cart-Fun-a-14.jpg

• Haha 2

"Round here I see a lot of oldsters pedaling around on three wheeled bikes.(or trykes if you will)  Some with those 15' poles with triangular bright orange flags at the end.

Those golf carts seem interesting though.  Good for being "green", and the same size but must be much less expensive than----

Whitefang

17 hours ago, Whitefang said:

"Round here I see a lot of oldsters pedaling around on three wheeled bikes.(or trykes if you will)  Some with those 15' poles with triangular bright orange flags at the end.

Those golf carts seem interesting though.  Good for being "green", and the same size but must be much less expensive than----

Whitefang

Repurpose Smart cars as golf carts? Well you can easily change the panels to help disguise it.

On 5/30/2022 at 8:41 AM, fortyearspickn said:

I've seen videos of a few places where golf carts have evolved to a whole new level.  I believe in retirement communities, I'd guess in Florida.  The rich old farts trick out  their golf carts out, spending as much as a new car would cost.  Obviously, this is not the first First World Problem we've uncovered here:  Maybe some customers are retired pimps. 

GolfCartStore.net-Golf-Cart-Fun-a-14.jpg

That one is something special. I've seen a few good ones around here, but that takes 1st place. 

The new thing at the golf courses in Arizona is instead of a golf cart (for actually playing golf) they use what they call "Fat Tires", which is like a motorcycle with a small diameter but very wide set of tires.  Most are two wheeled, and when you stop to hit a golf shot you generally need to put the kickstand down.  They also make tricycle ones which will stand up on their own.  Many stories of people losing control of them and driving into the pond etc.

zGKXK-EA-1024x485-4-300x225.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

The new thing at the golf courses in Arizona is instead of a golf cart (for actually playing golf) they use what they call "Fat Tires", which is like a motorcycle with a small diameter but very wide set of tires.  Most are two wheeled, and when you stop to hit a golf shot you generally need to put the kickstand down.  They also make tricycle ones which will stand up on their own.  Many stories of people losing control of them and driving into the pond etc.

zGKXK-EA-1024x485-4-300x225.jpeg

Do they have cup holders for your beverage? I'm guessing on the 2 wheeled ones it would not be a good idea, just in case you forget to put your kickstand down, there goes a $10 beer.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper