Gibson Brands Forums

Melody Maker

Desko

Pretty cool story that I thought I would share. I was scrolling on Facebook Marketplace and came across a “Vintage Gibson Guitar” listed for $500. I immediately messaged the guy 13 minutes after the guitar was listed. I currently live in Michigan and the guitar ended up being in Pittsburg, PA. Owner inherited the guitar from his father who passed away. I am so thankful he held the guitar for me til Friday (yesterday). I ended up driving the distance and picked up the guitar early morning. Made a day out of it in PA and visited a museum and the pickle festival. Plugged it into the amp when I got home and this thing rocks. 

AB3B12AD-9A9A-40ED-B3A2-E7284F72A940.jpeg

74A85EF3-00CD-46CC-B01E-36F0394C1EE8.jpeg

0C224CDE-61FA-44EA-A71F-7AD768A023AE.jpeg

On 7/16/2022 at 4:23 PM, Desko said:

Pretty cool story that I thought I would share. I was scrolling on Facebook Marketplace and came across a “Vintage Gibson Guitar” listed for $500. I immediately messaged the guy 13 minutes after the guitar was listed. I currently live in Michigan and the guitar ended up being in Pittsburg, PA. Owner inherited the guitar from his father who passed away. I am so thankful he held the guitar for me til Friday (yesterday). I ended up driving the distance and picked up the guitar early morning. Made a day out of it in PA and visited a museum and the pickle festival. Plugged it into the amp when I got home and this thing rocks. 

AB3B12AD-9A9A-40ED-B3A2-E7284F72A940.jpeg

74A85EF3-00CD-46CC-B01E-36F0394C1EE8.jpeg

0C224CDE-61FA-44EA-A71F-7AD768A023AE.jpeg

Ian Hunter would be proud.

I have one from 1961 which is very similar (except mine is way more abused looking). I did check at one stage and someone (Duncan ?) made a slim P90 that would slot in and I think the Jeff Beck stacked humbucker would too, so swaps without routing seemed possible. I left the anaemic single coil in it cos I don’t really use the guitar hardly ever anyway, but good to know there are options. Enjoy, it’s a fun thing to have!

• 2 weeks later...