Gibson Brands Forums

Help Please! Missing SN, what is it?

Hcags

I really would NOT buy this guitar.    No trace of a serial number?   Probably not a real Gibson.

I think it is a fake.  Gibson just don't do neck inlays like that.

Machine heads have been changed, bridge has been changed.

The 'chainsaw' case is by Gibson but the handle on it is completely wrecked and the hinges are rusty.

Forum members please correct me if I'm wrong!

Edited by jdgm

On 7/21/2022 at 12:55 PM, Eracer_Team said:

I said that the other day,  someone is claiming fakes are using acorn nuts on trussrod. 

I can't confirm that 

I still would give it a look and I’ll bet you’d be hard pressed to find a counterfeit with a Gibson sized TR nut. I’m not in the business of counterfeit sleuthing but I’m looking there as an easy way to find the truth. You open the guts of a counterfeit, safe bet you’ll find something that looks kinda China special. 

5 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I still would give it a look and I’ll bet you’d be hard pressed to find a counterfeit with a Gibson sized TR nut. I’m not in the business of counterfeit sleuthing but I’m looking there as an easy way to find the truth. You open the guts of a counterfeit, safe bet you’ll find something that looks kinda China special. 

If you open the control cover and there is some Kung Pao Chicken in there, its fake.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...