Gibson Brands Forums

Once Again What Is Wrong With People

Sgt. Pepper

Here is what is in a snow globe: no snow and maybe very little of that 2 billion year old snow that has now melted that used covered the Earth.

The liquid has evolved from initially light oil to a mixture of water, antifreeze (ethylene glycol), and glycerol. An added benefit was that glycerol slowed the descent of the snow.

So its a Snow Anitfreeze Glycerol Globe.
Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Although there is no snow in snow globes. Is a giant lie.

Just as there is no snow in a "snow cone".   [wink]  

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Technically,  at some point in the past 2 billion years, all water was snow at one time.   So, while the plastic shavings in 'Snow Globes' is not snow - the water was at one point.   
(Thought I'd beat WhiteFang on pointing out this obvious error on your part.)

As Sarge wasn't addressing the water in a "snow globe" I felt no need to go there.

Whitefang

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:
So its a Snow Antifreeze Glycerol Globe.

I really want to buy this for my friend in the Antarctic.   Can you tell me the serial number and has it got the original parts and the intrinsic limitations?  Is the snow heavy or light gauge?    I will get a courier to pick it up then send you the money after you give me your bank details.

[wink]

Edited by jdgm
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, jdgm said:

I really want to buy this for my friend in the Antarctic.   Can you tell me the serial number and has it got the original parts and the intrinsic limitations?  Is the snow heavy or light gauge?    I will get a courier to pick it up then send you the money after you give me your bank details.

[wink]

Most people mod their snow globes, so finding one in original condition is tough.

I got contacted about my guitar again, and this guy was confused about what state I reside in and distances. He said on Veterans Day, he was going to be in Winston-Salem, NC and I see your in Coastal NC can you meet in W-S? First off Little River is Costal SOUTH Carolina and in my description of the guitar I stated I would be willing to drive no more than about 45 mins to meet. From LR to W-S is 180 miles. That sounds like more that 45 mins to me. 

• Haha 1

I had a similar situation. A guy wanted the amp I was selling and we talked about meeting at sort-of the midway point. He would drive 120 miles, me 170. For a $1500 amp, sure. He didn't text me until 3 pm. I said I wasn't willing to do a 6 hour round trip because I don't like driving after dark.  At 5 pm he texted me and said he'd still be in the agreed location (having dinner with friends) and he would be there until 7 pm. I calmly replied that it was a three hour drive.

A few days ago a young man who is an on-call contractor happened to be about 40 miles from me and offered me $1100 cash. Done deal. At the same time I delivered a junk reel to reel tape recorder to a guy in a wheel chair in the same town for the agreed upon price of $5. He likes to tinker apparently.

The young man who bought the amp had an encyclopedic knowledge of amps. He knew he was getting a deal and we chuckled about it as I folded the bills into my pocket. I also chuckled to myself, knowing I had paid $200 for it a few months ago. 

Everybody wins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...