Gibson Brands Forums

My poor Humidifier finally died after 7 years.

duane v

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

wow, 7 years ... that's a lot better than I usually get. it's always the fans that die on my. late last year I wound up installing a replacement fan rather than buying a new unit. so far so good

Man

I should had posted something, because it was the fan that stopped working. I'm gonna get it from the garbage area and buy a new fan and use it in our bedroom, as we have sinus issues.

1 hour ago, duane v said:

Man

I should had posted something, because it was the fan that stopped working. I'm gonna get it from the garbage area and buy a new fan and use it in our bedroom, as we have sinus issues.

good idea. I googled the brand / model. then found the part # for the fan. replaced the fan for $38 versus having to buy a new unit. I keep one in my bedroom too for the same reason. Sinus issues ...

still, 7 years was a pretty good run. at best I've gotten 3 years ...

Edited by Karloff

54 minutes ago, Karloff said:

lol, I have moments of clarity ... lol

Our 6 year old Nordic Track Treadmill died a couple weeks ago & I bought a new one.. Not cheap.. I’m wondering if I could’ve googled the Motors Part number & and wonder if I could’ve replaced it for a whole lot less than the $1600.00 I paid for the replacement?

11 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Here in Florida, we need dehumidifiers. 😄

Same here in MI.  You'd be foolish not to have one in your basement(assuming you have a basement) as they get really damp three out of four seasons.  And I have a fine working humidifier attached to my furnace.  Seems all the dampness centers in the basement and not the rest of the house.   Go figure.

Whitefang

On 2/23/2023 at 10:30 AM, Whitefang said:

Same here in MI.  You'd be foolish not to have one in your basement(assuming you have a basement) as they get really damp three out of four seasons.  And I have a fine working humidifier attached to my furnace.  Seems all the dampness centers in the basement and not the rest of the house.   Go figure.

Whitefang

No basement, it's a rare Florida home that has one, as most of the state is not that much above sea level.

No furnace either, it doesn't get that cold.

But it does get humid.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

No basement, it's a rare Florida home that has one, as most of the state is not that much above sea level.

No furnace either, it doesn't get that cold.

But it does get humid.

I have a step sister that lives in Melbourne who shortly after moving there used to joke that Florida should change their state flower to Mildew.  So yeah, I know it gets humid down there.  [wink]

Whitefang

On 2/25/2023 at 10:38 AM, Whitefang said:

I have a step sister that lives in Melbourne who shortly after moving there used to joke that Florida should change their state flower to Mildew.  So yeah, I know it gets humid down there.  [wink]

Whitefang

Melbourne is about an hour north of me.

I grew up near Ft. Lauderdale. It got too crowded there so I moved to Ft. Pierce. I will not move any farther north. Why? The state park at the Fort Pierce ocean Inlet, is the northernmost point where tropical vegetation grows wild. North of that, every few years they get a light frost. And as far as I'm concerned, snow and ice only belong in two places, (1) the top section of your refrigerator or (2) in your cold drink. Definitely NOT in your yard.

And yes, it's humid. Especially since I don't use the air conditioner. I grew up without it, don't like it, don't need it and don't want it.

I cool my house the old-fashioned, passive way. I have a bright white roof and I planted shade trees around the perimeter of the house, but not over the roof. The hot air rises over the roof, and the cool air from under the trees come in to take its place. No matter how hot it is outside, it never gets hotter than the low 80s in the house.

When I was a kid, everybody cooled their house that way.

That's better for the environment, and saves me a few hundred dollars per month too.

Notes ♫

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Melbourne is about an hour north of me.

I grew up near Ft. Lauderdale. It got too crowded there so I moved to Ft. Pierce. I will not move any farther north. Why? The state park at the Fort Pierce ocean Inlet, is the northernmost point where tropical vegetation grows wild. North of that, every few years they get a light frost. And as far as I'm concerned, snow and ice only belong in two places, (1) the top section of your refrigerator or (2) in your cold drink. Definitely NOT in your yard.

And yes, it's humid. Especially since I don't use the air conditioner. I grew up without it, don't like it, don't need it and don't want it.

I cool my house the old-fashioned, passive way. I have a bright white roof and I planted shade trees around the perimeter of the house, but not over the roof. The hot air rises over the roof, and the cool air from under the trees come in to take its place. No matter how hot it is outside, it never gets hotter than the low 80s in the house.

When I was a kid, everybody cooled their house that way.

That's better for the environment, and saves me a few hundred dollars per month too.

Notes ♫

So, you don't have some sort of coolie sitting on the floor pulling on a rope that causes a huge palm leaf to sweep back and forth up by the ceiling?  [wink]

Whitefang

On 3/1/2023 at 10:34 AM, Whitefang said:

So, you don't have some sort of coolie sitting on the floor pulling on a rope that causes a huge palm leaf to sweep back and forth up by the ceiling?  [wink]

Whitefang

Nah, I wish. But those are only in Tarzan type movies. Coolies charge a lot of money for their services, and I play music for a living (that means I'm underpaid).

But I did play in a club where the ceiling fans had blades that looked like palm fronds many years ago.

Notes ♫