Gibson Brands Forums

What's Your Plan?

Murph

10 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

So.... drink up..... good luck....hopefully the nurses won't be smirking when you wake up.

They smirked and chuckled. I didn't ask. 😀

Good news was nothing to report. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 6:33 AM, Murph said:

We've got another front coming in with cold temps through the weekend.

However, Saturday looks sunny so I might go buy a few yard birds today and throw them on the Traeger Saturday morning.

Mesquite smoked chicken is a good thing.

Forget that plan.

It's too cold. High today 39.

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Forget that plan.

It's too cold. High today 39.

Beautiful day in NorCal today....supposed to rain tomorrow.

I'll do a little work outside today, (relocate a timer for some accent lights on the deck and run a bead of sealer between the walkway and garage wall to keep water out of the garage).

That's the plan anyway!

On 3/16/2023 at 7:33 AM, Murph said:

I might go buy a few yard birds today

YARDBIRDS?  [wink]

Like.....

Charlie-Parker.jpg   

or.....

MV5BMTYzODY2MDM4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTk1

Or maybe......

f8a62ec4dd972d90042efa63e202aeba--jeff-b

OH!  I know!!

Jimmy-Page-18.jpg

\:D/

Whitefang

19 minutes ago, Murph said:

I'm gonna make some french toast and Jimmy Dean sausage and go to a home and garden show.

Maybe I'll "win" a new zero turn....

I had a friend who drove his zero turn off a cliff..... the fire/police finally got him up, but he passed away from his injuries.....BE CAREFUL on those things...especially if you have a cliff in your yard!

21 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I had a friend who drove his zero turn off a cliff..... the fire/police finally got him up, but he passed away from his injuries.....

Damn.

That's terrible.

Illinois is pretty flat.

We can fall in a ditch, though.

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Damn.

That's terrible.

Illinois is pretty flat.

We can fall in a ditch, though.

You're probably safe.... he lived in SOCAL but he had just sold his house there and moved to Sparta, Tennessee....bought the mower for his new place..... he only lived there for a few months!

On 3/18/2023 at 10:38 AM, DanvillRob said:

I had a friend who drove his zero turn off a cliff..... the fire/police finally got him up, but he passed away from his injuries.....BE CAREFUL on those things...especially if you have a cliff in your yard!

I owned my late mother’s ZT for one season. My lot has 400 ft of road frontage. At the front edge of my lawn there is a drop to the road ditch, around 4 or 5 ft, 2:1 slope or so. I was mowing along the edge and one of the front caster wheels dropped off the edge. The ZT immediately took a 90 degree left and I went straight down to the bottom of the ditch. When I hit, I was thrown forward off the machine. No damage or injury except I was embarrassed. The UPS guy stopped, as did a couple other guys, and pulled me up to the road. I gave that machine to my oldest daughter, whose 2-1/2 acres are flat. She loves it. I mow 3 acres here and an acre across the road. If I’m in a hurry I use my 1946 Ford 2N tractor with a 6 ft finish mower. If I want it more prettier, I have a couple “normal” riding mowers. 

3 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

I owned my late mother’s ZT for one season. My lot has 400 ft of road frontage. At the front edge of my lawn there is a drop to the road ditch, around 4 or 5 ft, 2:1 slope or so. I was mowing along the edge and one of the front caster wheels dropped off the edge. The ZT immediately took a 90 degree left and I went straight down to the bottom of the ditch. When I hit, I was thrown forward off the machine. No damage or injury except I was embarrassed. The UPS guy stopped, as did a couple other guys, and pulled me up to the road. I gave that machine to my oldest daughter, whose 2-1/2 acres are flat. She loves it. I mow 3 acres here and an acre across the road. If I’m in a hurry I use my 1946 Ford 2N tractor with a 6 ft finish mower. If I want it more prettier, I have a couple “normal” riding mowers. 

My front and back yards are large by most residential standards.  No ditches though.  And I have a guy who comes every other week to mow both lawns.  No problems like that here.  [wink]

Whitefang

On 3/20/2023 at 3:50 AM, ksdaddy said:

I'm wondering if that's what happened to Gary..... I have another friend who has the exact same mower as Gary did.....She lives right on the Rogue River, (it actually runs THROUGH her yard)....I'm going to warn her.....thanks.

1 hour ago, Tman said:

Raining heavy today. Coming up with a lot of indoor things to do.

Weather shows it's supposed to rain here (NORCAL) all day & night today and all day & night tomorrow.....grocery shopping today, (normally on Monday, but I had a dentist appointment yesterday).  Other than that....Indoor stuff only...will probably record "Layla" (Acoustic) tomorrow.

On 3/20/2023 at 7:26 AM, Whitefang said:

My front and back yards are large by most residential standards.  No ditches though.  And I have a guy who comes every other week to mow both lawns.  No problems like that here.  [wink]

Whitefang

My yard is relatively large also, (especially in the SF Bay Area).    I have a couple of guys who come twice a month also....but I have no lawn to mow or edge, (phony lawn).   They pull weeds and trim bushes and (of course) "blow" the debris to the other side of the street.

• Like 1

Had a tornado warning last night. 50 mph winds, hail, rain and a doppler radar waterspout and the conditions were good for a tornado forming  with a hook echo seen at Pt. Magu 12 miles as the crow flies. We were in the concrete bunker that survived the fire, felt safer there. Haven't been in a tornado warning in ~ 35 years in Texas.

Plan is to work on my digital musical equipment tonight, hopefully learn something.

1 minute ago, duane v said:

FINALLY A VACATION!!!

I hadn't taken one in 1.25 years..... Two weeks of relaxing and I will still have 340 hours of vacation left on the books. 

When I retired I had 214 days of sick days on the books, (would have been more, but I used 10 days when I got Shingles).

That's one full work year's worth!

I suppose I could have faked an illness for another year and gotten paid my full salary the year...but I wouldn't do that.

And, I've been retired almost 3 years....I'll get a fat paycheck for this year very soon, (as soon as the accountants reconcile the books).   So my company did and still does treat me very well.