Gibson Brands Forums

Did you guys try Chat GPT?

Mr. C.O. Jones

On 6/18/2023 at 7:29 PM, badbluesplayer said:

The challenge for AI is this:  When you ask it something, it's as dumb as a rock to start with.  All the memory registers are empty.  It may not even know what you're saying half the time.  Then it goes around and does it's thing, educates itself a little, as much as it is programmed to, then it comes back and says something sophomoric.

The challenge in using it to teach is that a teacher already has way more knowledge than the student to start with, so they're able to understand all the nuances of the language, understand what the student's asking, help the student get stuff from all angles and help them understand the ins and outs of stuff.  All in context with everything they've learned about the real world.  That's not something AI can even do, period.

How many feedback circuits does a human have?  Jillions? 

At least teachers are marked safe from AI for awhile.

Imagine AI trying to be an electrician...   LOL.   RUN AWAY!!!

That's right, it irritates me when I ask him something pretty simple and he answers me offhandedly not what I need. That's why I don't use it anymore.

1 hour ago, maximcherry said:

That's right, it irritates me when I ask him something pretty simple and he answers me offhandedly not what I need. That's why I don't use it anymore.

What scares me is that based on that comment,  my greatest fear is that it'll be used heavily in the medical field.  What Maxim described sounded much like my doctor.  😱

Whitefang

• Sad 1

To sum up (courtesy of the Firesign Theater c.1974) -

"A technology so powerful it can only be used for good...or evil!

I have mastered its many secrets!  Soon I will know what to do with it!"

[laugh]

Edited by jdgm
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2023 at 7:29 PM, badbluesplayer said:

The challenge for AI is this:  When you ask it something, it's as dumb as a rock to start with.  All the memory registers are empty.  It may not even know what you're saying half the time.  Then it goes around and does it's thing, educates itself a little, as much as it is programmed to, then it comes back and says something sophomoric.

The challenge in using it to teach is that a teacher already has way more knowledge than the student to start with, so they're able to understand all the nuances of the language, understand what the student's asking, help the student get stuff from all angles and help them understand the ins and outs of stuff.  All in context with everything they've learned about the real world.  That's not something AI can even do, period. Because besides that, the source https://edubirdie.com/complete-coursework-for-me has a complete coursework for me whereas the GPT chat it can't do, so until then I prefer to stay here.

How many feedback circuits does a human have?  Jillions? 

At least teachers are marked safe from AI for awhile.

Imagine AI trying to be an electrician...   LOL.   RUN AWAY!!!

On 6/29/2023 at 6:17 PM, Whitefang said:

What scares me is that based on that comment,  my greatest fear is that it'll be used heavily in the medical field.  What Maxim described sounded much like my doctor.  😱

Whitefang

That's right, but I don't think you should worry, at least I hope people aren't so stupid to use it for medicinal purposes.

Doctors should be super qualified, that's why they learn so many years, it would be stupid to change a doctor with GPT.🤷‍♂️

Edited by maximcherry