Gibson Brands Forums

What new music did you get?

SteveFord

Today on vinyl out for delivery is Dolly Parton - Jolene.  And out for delivery on CD is John Cale - Slow Dazzle, and The Temptations - All Directions.

Yesterday John Prine - Crooked Piece of Time: The Atlantic & Asylum Albums 1971-1980 came. Its a multi CD set. 

I ordered Sparks - Propaganda on CD. The price of the vinyl was out-bloody-ragous. Remember that song from Soft Machine?

I'm still waiting on the Wishbone Ash - Argus replacment CD from when I ordered a 2 CD set and only got a single CD.

2 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Delaney & Bonnie & Friends on tour with Eric Clapton on CD.

I've wanted this since I was in junior high school so today's the big day!

I’ve only heard a song or two from them. We’re they in that movie where The Dead, The Band, Janis and others went across Canada in a train right after Woodstock?

I can't answer that one.

I did get Delaney & Bonnie's Motel Shot on vinyl but the copy was too beat up so that's going back.  Good piano work by Leon Russell, the rest of it was kind of meh, lots of gospel hollering and stuff.

7 hours ago, jdgm said:

I had the Elektra one "Accept No Substitute", and the CBS one with "Comin' Home" on it.

The film is called "Festival Express" -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_Express

I saw it about 7 years ago. Buddy Guy I think was on the train too. Them Canadians thought the bands should play for them for free. Oh let me ask you a question do you go to work and not ask for a pay check? I’ll bet ya don’t. That’s those musicians jobs.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Delaney and Bonnie On Tour With Eric Clapton 

I think the best part of Delaney and Bonnie was Leon Russell on piano.  Shame he's not on that album.

Oh well, new Zappa and PJ Harvey being released early next month.

17 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Get 10cc, Sheet Music and The Original Soundtrack.

Then you'll need the Godley/Creme albums, they're really good.

Have you ever heard Consequences. It is an absolute mess. I can't believe they left 10cc to go do that. Can you imagine being a record company exec and being handed that and expect to promote or sell it?

I had Original Soundtrack ages ago. That one is good. I'll probably get the first 4. I have Bloody Tourists on vinyl.

I don't like reggae - I love it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I just ordered

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow

BOC - BOC

BOC - Tyranny And Mutation

BOC  - Spectres (by then Cult was silly, but its a part of my musical youth)

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells 50th Ann. For some reason I only have Ommadawn 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

Coming soon:

Frank Zappa - Funky Nothingness (double album)

Frank Zappa - A Token Of His Extreme Soundtrack (CD)

BOC - BOC is out for delivery.

J A - Surrealist Pillow came, but it was the wrong one. It was supposed to be an import, but it was not. Back it goes. 

I have the blue ray of Token of His Extreme. Damn good. It was supposed to be aired on TV back in '74, but of course who wants to see Frank play music, uhhhhh? I think it was the same band that was at the Roxy, minus Ralph on drums and only Chester.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper