Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson is now selling guitars direct to the UK and EU on its website – including the Mod Collection

Dave F

4 hours ago, sparquelito said:

People from across the Atlantic couldn't buy directly from Gibson before this?

Interesting.
🫠

They could, but thru Gibson-authorised dealers. I provided my authorised dealer with a link to Gibson's website (for an ES-335), and he did all the rest till delivery.
This change is probably just a "facelift", with authorized dealers taking care of final delivery, warranty coverage, etc.

Terrific. Free delivery too. Except... I'm sure the uk will sabotage this by slapping import duty on them. Though the website does state VAT included. 

This is now probably the only way to get a 330 into the uk. 

I just had a look. There is a ES 345 for a reasonable £2,699 in ebony with gold hardware. 

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Terrific. Free delivery too. Except... I'm sure the uk will sabotage this by slapping import duty on them. Though the website does state VAT included. 

This is now probably the only way to get a 330 into the uk. 

I just had a look. There is a ES 345 for a reasonable £2,699 in ebony with gold hardware. 

345 - rock that Merc. Bill Nelson wound, did, and probably still does.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

345 - rock that Merc. Bill Nelson wound, did, and probably still does.

I've been hit hard buying stuff from StewMac US before. I did check out Import Duty. It looks like its 2% which is much more favourable than nut files & levelling beams.

https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/commodities/9207901000

I wish I could verify this for the future: just in case there is something irresistible.