Gibson Brands Forums

Concert guitars

duluthdan

5 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

. It was a Monday, , , but she soon turned into something 8th. . 

And that is a fact !

Actually just looked up the calendar to check my vintage but precious memory. And bingo - it happened August 12 1991. 

• Like 1

Back in '86, the wife and I went to a John Fogerty concert.  Bonnie Raitt was the opening act. I had not heard of her before that. We were in the front row, and she amazed me. Solo with an acoustic guitar doing her slide work. I've been a fan ever since. John wasn't too bad either 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Murph said:

Bonnie was already a legend in the mid 70's to those of us who were in the know. 

I first saw her on the cover of a 1977 Guitar Player. I didn’t actually see and hear her until Austin City Limits in the 80s sometime. A friend’s son worked with her and John Lee Hooker on some type of collaboration around 2000 or so. He said Bonnie was a sweetheart. He also said John was in a hurry to get home, apparently his wife was much younger and he very much wanted to “spend time” with her as often as possible lol. 

• Haha 2

Bonnie Raitt.  Saw her 8-26-1990.  I’m positive Jeff Healey was on the bill, but internet is uncooperative to verify.   I had 2 concerts to choose from, and I don’t really like Alpine Valley….

Anyway, she’s awesome and still alive.  So there’s that.  I would have lent her my guitar, but it was a cracked up Guild D-66, one of Gruhn’s specials I believe.

Edited by Gibson29

I saw Bonnie right before the world shut down on Willie's  Outlaw Tour end of Summer 2019. On the Bill was Lukas Nelson, The Avett Brothers, Bonnie Raitt, Allison Krause, and Willie. I also saw her in Hawaii in '92 or 3. It was the Pahiuhi Brothers, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt and CSN. That was my second time for the Avetts,  second time for CSN, and third for Willie. 

No body was loaned one of my guitars to play, They all must have brought their own.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper