Gibson Brands Forums

The Mystery Man On Zep IV Has Been Identified.

Sgt. Pepper

22 hours ago, Pinch said:

There are neo-hippy women begging the forest for forgiveness in all forests these days 😋

A place in Scotland that I like to visit has a Tree Hugger Community, they also sit on top of large rocks overlooking the river meditating, when I see one I always like to strike up a conversation with them.  They always respond it's Human nature to answer back😁

On 11/24/2023 at 9:32 PM, E-minor7 said:

Great news ^

though I never understood what he was doin' there. . . 

It’s just an album cover. Houses Of The Holy had naked kids on the cover climbing on rocks, why? Once again it’s just an album cover that someone came up with and the band approved of it for the cover.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It’s just an album cover. Houses Of The Holy had naked kids on the cover climbing on rocks, why? Once again it’s just an album cover that someone came up with and the band approved of it for the cover.

It's the same kid, isn't it - the same young fan exploring the ROCK realm. 

But an old burdened man ?! , , , found on a market by the front singer. . . 

31 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

It's the same kid, isn't it - the same young fan exploring the ROCK realm. 

But an old burdened man ?! , , , found on a market by the front singer. . . 

I think it’s one boy and one girl on the cover. That cover does not come out in todays woke world.

Go to where it says packaging and it talks about the cover.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houses_of_the_Holy

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think it’s one boy and one girl on the cover. That cover does not come out in todays woke world.

Go to where it says packaging and it talks about the cover.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houses_of_the_Holy

Okay, the climbing kids are siblings, which doesn't move the immediate interpretation of the scenery : Young fans exploring rock/rocks. 

Is your woke-statement serious - has the cover been censored/altered in re-releases !? 

Anyways, the outer motif doesn't really blend with the inner gatefold. And the same can to some degree be said about the 'Zep 4' sleeve. Yet I personally like the idea of the old torn down house with wallpaper & framed picture in contrast to the modernistic block in the background - and in that context the branch-carrying geezer may work. Still it's a strangely sentimental point-of-view or angle when considering we're talking a progressive rock band in the midst of a cultural explosion.

That said, it was just a few years after a new conscience regarding the irreplaceable value of some older buildings/scenes/environments was bein brought to life over here (don't know 'bout US). Up til circa 1968/69 all new was considered progress - and tearing down old miserable stuff didn't cause much reflection.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               The Zep-camp might have sensed there was an awakening zone in between. .