Gibson Brands Forums

Confess assistance is needed

E-minor7

They're all in the Gibson shop but brace yourself for sticker shock and pray Sgt. Pepper doesn't find this thread. It seems really weird that this designer is all about american iconography and style, particularly that in the american south, but all the actual pieces are made overseas. I wouldnt pay $600 for a western shirt but certainly wouldnt pay that for a western shirt made in china alongside a levis shirt that retails at a tenth the cost.

Edited by cunningham26

11 hours ago, Murph said:

Brilliant.

I'd like a Hummingbird bumper sticker.

Yes, it IS very advanced - a sign of high originality.  😮 

Sure hope Hartford Snider gets his percentage, , , and he accepts that modification. EEEh, , I don't - to trade the butterfly for another stylized mini-hummer - no way !

Btw, is a 1972 Bird mentioned while a split-parallelogram fret board is shown - and does that represent the level of insight'n'touch. . 

3 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

. . . 

Btw, is a 1972 Bird mentioned while a split-parallelogram fret board is shown - and does that represent the level of insight'n'touch. . 

Don't know where there was a good view of the fretboard on the Billy Reid- Gibson video, but this YT video gives a good look at her guitar, and a good listen to a well-played 40 Series Martin:

Edited by 62burst

4 minutes ago, 62burst said:

Don't know where there was a good view of the fretboard on the Billy Reid- Gibson video, but this YT video gives a good look at her guitar, and a good listen to a well-played 40 Series Martin:

Yea, ,  ,  looks more like 62 - and who ever saw a D-41 or an M dread for that matter torn like a stone went through it, , , yikes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Pretty kool act, , , but the guitars sound like rubber-bands. . 

13 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Yea, ,  ,  looks more like 62 - and who ever saw a D-41 or an M dread for that matter torn like a stone went through it, , , yikes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Pretty kool act, , , but the guitars sound like rubber-bands. . 

Yes, "well played" in both senses on that Martin. That's a lot of guitar to be excavating on like that. Sounded like transducer quack a bit, but the playing made it worth the while.

• Like 1

I checked out the Gibson Store... I really don't need anything...but there's some good stuff there.

The "Playing Stool" was interesting.   I have a couple of the short ones.... I got one at GC because I had a gift certificate and it was only $39, (so it was free).

Later on, I bought another one for $39.    The ones in the Gibson Store are $125.....because of the Logo.....that you sit your butt on.

Mine just have to "Star" on the seat....and I had to assemble them myself....but MUCH cheaper than the Gibson ones!

7 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I checked out the Gibson Store... I really don't need anything...but there's some good stuff there.

The "Playing Stool" was interesting.   I have a couple of the short ones.... I got one at GC because I had a gift certificate and it was only $39, (so it was free).

Later on, I bought another one for $39.    The ones in the Gibson Store are $125.....because of the Logo.....that you sit your butt on.

Mine just have to "Star" on the seat....and I had to assemble them myself....but MUCH cheaper than the Gibson ones!

Not sure I wanna sit on a logo - just a principle.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Do have a link to the store, Danvill ?

2 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Not sure I wanna sit on a logo - just a principle.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Do have a link to the store, Danvill ?

Cunningham posted the link:

cunningham26

• cunningham26
  • Members
  • LocationBoston

They're all in the Gibson shop but brace yourself for sticker shock and pray Sgt. Pepper doesn't find this thread. It seems really weird that this designer is all about american iconography and style, particularly that in the american south, but all the actual pieces are made overseas. I wouldnt pay $600 for a western shirt but certainly wouldnt pay that for a western shirt made in china alongside a levis shirt that retails at a tenth the cost.

5 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Cunningham posted the link:

cunningham26

• cunningham26
  • Members
  • LocationBoston

They're all in the Gibson shop but brace yourself for sticker shock and pray Sgt. Pepper doesn't find this thread. It seems really weird that this designer is all about american iconography and style, particularly that in the american south, but all the actual pieces are made overseas. I wouldnt pay $600 for a western shirt but certainly wouldnt pay that for a western shirt made in china alongside a levis shirt that retails at a tenth the cost.

Ouh thanx - saw the stool page and others, , , couldn't find this with the rug.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I too like that one - though it's a slightly weird a mix between the Hummingbird garden and Epi Frontier desert. 

• Like 1