Gibson Brands Forums

Let me get ahead of the news cycle

Look, before there is name-calling and finger-pointing, let me explain why my name was on the just-now released list of Lolita Island high-profile figures.

I thought I was flying to that island to get a PEDICURE.
I had no idea that that isn't what 'pedo' stands for.

Vowels and consonants. Proper spelling and context.
I guess they matter.

Color me properly embarrassed.

🥲
virgin-islands-jeffrey-epstein.jpg?quali

Edited by sparquelito
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Another example of slow walking for some people, and fast tracking for other people.

Agreed. Thats one thing that has angered me all my life. If the speed limit is 40, then it should be 40 for everyone. 

• Like 2

Speed limits are First World problems.:  In Third World countries, the peasants ride livestock or walk - while their rulers ride Escalades.   Sort of like when we complain about errant glue drops inside our $3K guitars.   Traffic enforcement here seems to have become a thing of the past, along with people obeying speed limit 'suggestions'.     Something tells me there are no burros or donkeys on that island - only Escalades. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Speed limits are First World problems.:  In Third World countries, the peasants ride livestock or walk - while their rulers ride Escalades.   Sort of like when we complain about errant glue drops inside our $3K guitars.   Traffic enforcement here seems to have become a thing of the past, along with people obeying speed limit 'suggestions'.     Something tells me there are no burros or donkeys on that island - only Escalades. 

I swear I’ve been to several 3rd world countries and could swear I saw cars driving around. I never once called Donkey Uber for a lift.

Um . . . Pedro were you aware you and your burro were exceeding the 10 mph donkey/burro/mule speed limit? It’s the Tijuana prison for you. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I swear I’ve been to several 3rd world countries and could swear I saw cars driving around. I never once called Donkey Uber for a lift.

Um . . . Pedro were you aware you and your burro were exceeding the 10 mph donkey/burro/mule speed limit? It’s the Tijuana prison for you. 

Don't know why, but this reminded me of the story about the fella who was a recent recruit to the French Foreign Legion.  

Only men there....after a couple of weeks he craved some female attention..... went to the Captain and explained his problem.   Captain said,  "the guys all use the mule out there".....

Fella was disgusted with that prospect and left.   After another month or so, he told the Captain he needed to "use" the mule..... he got a stool, and got behind the mule.

After a while the Captain walked out to see what was going on....and spied the new recruit and said, "Most of the guys just ride her into town!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Agreed. Thats one thing that has angered me all my life. If the speed limit is 40, then it should be 40 for everyone. 

It is but it gets over looked if you can score points on a major sports team, are an actor or actress, are a national touring musician, or a politician. The rest of us schmucks get the ticket.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Hyperbole.   Yep. No burritos in the Dominican when I was there a decade ago -  breakfast or otherwise.  But 90% of the vehicles were mopeds.  Men load their wife and three kids on them..  And use their moped, or motorcycle if lucky -  to move their refrigerator to their new home.   Mexico, of course, being proximate to the US, has a lot of cars.  Most with the VINS scratched off.   Never been ashore in Cuba - but they have a lot of nice US Classics from a time warp circa 1950s from the videos I've seen.  Point being - none of those cultures pay much attention to traffic laws.  And we're starting to move in that direction. 

14 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Hyperbole.   Yep. No burritos in the Dominican when I was there a decade ago -  breakfast or otherwise.  But 90% of the vehicles were mopeds.  Men load their wife and three kids on them..  And use their moped, or motorcycle if lucky -  to move their refrigerator to their new home.   Mexico, of course, being proximate to the US, has a lot of cars.  Most with the VINS scratched off.   Never been ashore in Cuba - but they have a lot of nice US Classics from a time warp circa 1950s from the videos I've seen.  Point being - none of those cultures pay much attention to traffic laws.  And we're starting to move in that direction. 

When I was in Dom Rep I lived off Presidente beer. A burrito in Dom Rep? Did you forget you were in the Caribbean and not in Mexico?

I’ve been to Porta Plata twice and Santa Domingo (The Capital) twice as well. S D was much better.

I’m in Michigan right now. When I get home I can post pics from 3rd World countries and I’m sure I have pics with cars in the background. I do have one of a guy and a donkey with a cart. I took it while having a beer.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I was in Mexicali in 1978 and the buses had old tires mounted on the front to push stuff out of their way.

And the meat was hanging up for sale on the sidewalk.

Good times.

55 minutes ago, Murph said:

I was in Mexicali in 1978 and the buses had old tires mounted on the front to push stuff out of their way.

Good times.

I SWEAR this is true:    I was driving in Saigon (1970) and the sides of the road were filled with street vendors selling pretty much anything you could imagine.

I saw a young girl selling (I think) lemonade from what looked like a small aquarium...she was washing her feet in it!

Edited by DanvillRob

49 minutes ago, Murph said:

Good times.

Lord know what meat I ate off a stick bought from a street vender on Magsaysay Blvd in the Philippines.

You could buy grilled chicken feet. They called them Adidas. That's funny.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

When I was in Dom Rep I lived off Presidente beer. A burrito in Dom Rep? Did you forget you were in the Caribbean and not in Mexico?

I’ve been to Porta Plata twice and Santa Domingo (The Capital) twice as well. S D was much better.

I’m in Michigan right now. When I get home I can post pics from 3rd World countries and I’m sure I have pics with cars in the background. I do have one of a guy and a donkey with a cart. I took it while having a beer.

Yep - Cabarete - a small town 10 miles East of Porta Plata.  Nice week - winter as I recall.  Got some nice  pieces of amber.  

5 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep - Cabarete - a small town 10 miles East of Porta Plata.  Nice week - winter as I recall.  Got some nice  pieces of amber.  

I've been to Haiti too.  Its a dump. I have some cool pics of painted busses in Haiti. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 1/4/2024 at 11:58 AM, DanvillRob said:

Don't know why, but this reminded me of the story about the fella who was a recent recruit to the French Foreign Legion.  

Only men there....after a couple of weeks he craved some female attention..... went to the Captain and explained his problem.   Captain said,  "the guys all use the mule out there".....

Fella was disgusted with that prospect and left.   After another month or so, he told the Captain he needed to "use" the mule..... he got a stool, and got behind the mule.

After a while the Captain walked out to see what was going on....and spied the new recruit and said, "Most of the guys just ride her into town!

Good one.

• Like 1