Gibson Brands Forums

Is He For Real

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Wasn't Joe recently complaining about how gear prices are outrageous because people are paying too much?

Did you see my original post? It’s the reason for this thread.

Are you medicated? You made like 3 identical posts in a row.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I have always maintained that a divorce shouldn't be so damned expensive. 

But in the end, it really is worth it. 

🤨

Cheaper to keep her. But basically the lawyers get rich and the ones getting divorced get poorer, usually the guy.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yes....heavily medicated....ain't it wonderful? 🤑😀

Edited by Ceptorman
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yes....heavily medicated....ain't it wonderful? 🤑😀

I have a drug test for a job on Monday so I haven’t been able to do bong rips for a bit. It’s just the stupid cotton swab. Getting high Monday night.

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have a drug test for a job on Monday so I haven’t been able to do bong rips for a bit. It’s just the stupid cotton swab. Getting high Monday night.

Forum site Administrator ? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Forum site Administrator ? 

Nope. Produce Clerk in a grocery store. Just want to get out of the house and earn a few bucks for guitar strings. Why they are wasting money on a drug test is beyond me. The swab in the mouth is so easy to beat. I’ve done it several times. Which is what I will have. Peeing in a cup Is a much tougher challenge. When I went to work as a NASA contractor it took me over 70 days to pee clean on the home self tests. I haven’t toked for over a week, so no worries.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Remember the Kevin Spacey line in the movie American Beauty after he quits his job and applies at the local burger joint...."I want a job with the least amount of responsibilities possible"

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Remember the Kevin Spacey line in the movie American Beauty after he quits his job and applies at the local burger joint...."I want a job with the least amount of responsibilities possible"

I’ve worked produce before, the toughest thing I have to do is go see if something in the back reefer is not on the floor and bring it out.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

Job interview insight (courtesy of MissouriPicker)…

My job interview was a video chat. It took all of 10 mins. I knew I was hired before I even got on line. I learned how to interview, it’s easy. No one wants to work today. Especially the Gen Z’ers and Millennials. In this country they think Joe is gonna take care of them, and pay their bills.

My greatest strength is I don’t need a job, I want one. Look at me wrong one day and I’ll walk off the job. I did start a thread that I’m debt free and I have a military retirement check coming every month and my wife has one from working for the College Of William & Mary.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Back when I was still working full time at the military flight test center, there was a huge brew-ha-ha going on inside the DC Beltway, and it looked like there was going to be a Government Shut-down. 

I went down to Home Depot, and applied for a part-time job. 
I figured to stay busy, and make some extra coin, depending upon how long the shutdown lasted, and how much it would affect my bottom line. 

Young dude interviewed me. 
Well. He was 45 years old. 

We talked for ten minutes, and then he said this to me;

"I can hire you on part time right away. You pick your hours. Plus on-call hours if you want them."
He took a sip of his Gatorade. 

"What I would love to do is hire you right now, full time. I can make you a section manager. Good pay. Decent hours."

I was surprised. "This is unexpected. I'm kind of old. Why would you bring me on at that level right away?"

"Because you are ex-military. You have a work ethic. You are definitely good with people.  I watched you help two people find things while we were waiting for this room to open up."

He continued, "The younger up-and-comers don't have any of that. They are on their cell phones non-stop. They ignore the customers. Most of them want the paycheck, but they don't want to show up to earn it. It's frustrating."

I was floored. 
It was a crazy conversation, but most enlightening. 

In the end, the Government Shutdown never happened, and I worked and flew out my time, and hung up my spurs. 

Still. 
It's good to know that I could get hired on somewhere, if need be. 

😐

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Back when I was still working full time at the military flight test center, there was a huge brew-ha-ha going on inside the DC Beltway, and it looked like there was going to be a Government Shut-down. 

I went down to Home Depot, and applied for a part-time job. 
I figured to stay busy, and make some extra coin, depending upon how long the shutdown lasted, and how much it would affect my bottom line. 

Young dude interviewed me. 
Well. He was 45 years old. 

We talked for ten minutes, and then he said this to me;

"I can hire you on part time right away. You pick your hours. Plus on-call hours if you want them."
He took a sip of his Gatorade. 

"What I would love to do is hire you right now, full time. I can make you a section manager. Good pay. Decent hours."

I was surprised. "This is unexpected. I'm kind of old. Why would you bring me on at that level right away?"

"Because you are ex-military. You have a work ethic. You are definitely good with people.  I watched you help two people find things while we were waiting for this room to open up."

He continued, "The younger up-and-comers don't have any of that. They are on their cell phones non-stop. They ignore the customers. Most of them want the paycheck, but they don't want to show up to earn it. It's frustrating."

I was floored. 
It was a crazy conversation, but most enlightening. 

In the end, the Government Shutdown never happened, and I worked and flew out my time, and hung up my spurs. 

Still. 
It's good to know that I could get hired on somewhere, if need be. 

😐

My wife says my super power is getting a job. It’s just to easy if you have the gift of gab. I wish I could have talked to females like this when I was 18.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My wife says my super power is getting a job. It’s just to easy if you have the gift of gab. I wish I could have talked to females like this when I was 18.

Are grocery store stocking clerk jobs hard to get in your area?

• Thanks 1

I would not spent anything over ten Gs  for a  electric guitar. Ive sold many for over that. 

on the acoustic line up. Not a chance  . 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 7:50 PM, slimt said:

I would not spent anything over ten Gs  for a  electric guitar. Ive sold many for over that. 

on the acoustic line up. Not a chance  . 

Throughout the rest of my life I’m probably going to spend $0 on guitars. I’ve got 2 acoustic I dig. I’d love an M-36 but the prices on them are ridiculous now. Compared to what Joe spends it would be like a drop in the bucket for him. I saw him once. I didn’t even know he was on the bill that night. He was good, I’ve seen BB and Buddy Those 2 are blues players.