Gibson Brands Forums

I Just Broke a String

Man, all these altered tunings I've been using must have really put my strings through hell.

I just broke my high E string on my strat. I went from Eb to Epop.

Oh well,

I have an extra set of Fender Bullets I might put on there. Then again I just might go and buy some D' Addario 11s again. That's what I've been using. They were getting old. It's been about a year now.

Man' date=' all these altered tunings I've been using must have really put my strings through hell.

I just broke my high E string on my strat. I went from Eb to Epop.

Oh well,

I have an extra set of Fender Bullets I might put on there. Then again I just might go and buy some D' Addario 11s again. That's what I've been using. They were getting old. It's been about a year now.[/quote']

I like that "Eb to Epop" thats funny!O:)

A year does seem like a long time, but to each his own. I've know people who prefer old strings. These days I tried to keep a couple extra sets around. I try to buy them 10 packs at a time or so.

I love bullets and super bullets

Yeah, I might just put on a set of bullets I have sitting around here.

Then again, I also have some Ernie Ball Slinkys I can put on there.

I just don't feel like driving 20 miles to see Lightning Joe today, cause if I did I'd put the D'Addario EXL115 (.011-.049) on.

At 3 or 4 times a week I would be changing strings at least every couple of months. But I love the sound of new strings. A whole year eh? I guess once they get dead they ain't getting any deader so why not a year ??? =P~

heh, a year? Would they even last that long sitting between playings? i imagine, even if you clean them as well as you can, you would leave some oils and salt from your sweat on them, and they would corrode.

I don't think I have had a set of strings for over a month on a guitar I play. I know I have had some sit for a long time, but I changed them when I did pick the axe up again. I wish I could get a set to last that long.

heh' date=' a year? Would they even last that long sitting between playings? i imagine, even if you clean them as well as you can, you would leave some oils and salt from your sweat on them, and they would corrode.

I don't think I have had a set of strings for over a month on a guitar I play. I know I have had some sit for a long time, but I changed them when I did pick the axe up again. I wish I could get a set to last that long.[/quote']

You know Danny Gatton, the Master of the Telecaster, used to rub beer and ashes from an ashtray on his strings. What's wrong with having strings on your guitar for long periods of time. I play that thing all the time four or five times a week. When I don't play that it's the ES-175 and those strings are six months old. They squeak and skwak and real and rock. Sure my strings are filled with oil and grit and probably sweat too.

Sounds OK to me.

I like my strings seasoned.

You know Danny Gatton' date=' the Master of the Telecaster, used to rub beer and ashes from an ashtray on his strings. [/quote']

That's the only way to get any tone out of a Telecaster...

I should know.....

=D>

I change mine (on the 339) after 3 gigs, which is really 9 hours and 45 minutes of playing. Well, actually less than that.

The SG (spare/practice gutar) will go for 5/6 weeks.

Ernie Ball 10's Regular Slinky.

Murph.

Archived