Gibson Brands Forums

Your jammin'/practice set-up

Cruznolfart

It's been more years than I care to count since my last gig but I do try to stay fairly well prepared for the occasional jams that sort of happen on their own in the shop/garage/music-room/nursery/sickle-bedroom. I don't leave the drums set up due to space considerations but the guitar/bass stuff stays ready for daily use.

I DI'd the Line6 Duo, Fender Bassman and M-Audio blackbox reloaded into the mixer and have a Digitech Jam-man looper on the mixer line-out. Gives me somewhere in the area of 80 amp/cab models and tons of effects. Plus I can cut boards and drill holes anytime I need to.

What's your jammin'/practice set-up?

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have space for a band set-up in my house. I barely have room in my basement for my guitars and two amps.

If I'm going to a small jam or just a band rehearsal, I'll just take my Vox AD50VT. I only lug my 85lb B52 up out of my basement, if it's a real gig or big jam.

At home, if I have the house to myself, I'll crank the B52. If other people are there I use the Vox because I can keep it at a much lower volume. Actually the B53 has a good master volume, but I still only like to play it if I plan to crank it up a little.

Amps002.jpg

For me....

Nothing in the house but my "office/guitar room."

I've taken out the big twin-twelve tube jobbie occasionally but...

Most of the time if I'm with other folks in a bar jam, just a little 35 watt Kustom acoustic amp with a Zoom 707 and a Boss Leslie emulator. The guitar usually a 335 clone or an SG clone that I shouldn't take to that kind of thing because it's really a 30+ year old Guild that is probably irreplaceable and has a wonderful neck for that type of thing.

If I had a good solo "lounge" stedda "saloon," I'd probably use the 175 type but the same amp setup.

The little Kustom and the big tube jobbie both have separate channel inputs for a mike, btw, which was a major selling point for me.

For me I line my J45 into a Yamaha AW16 digital board and my tele through a Pod xtlive and in. Also have a yamaha keyboard, then from the board I go out to either headphones, or a beautiful pair of QSC powered speakers. It's great to lay down some rhythm tracks then add solos and vocals......that's my setup.

Well, as for me and m brother's day-to-day practice space, we like to keep it simple:

3277280707_60c0fed4b7.jpg

3277058133_39f13d6077.jpg

Cheap 'ol Westbury set, random set of cymbals, and for me all I need is my Explorer, a cable, and my Epi Valve Junior.

Where my band practices every week, we have a lot more gear:

3191487185_45bb205077.jpg

3192382008_c68741a138.jpg

I usually play bass, and do so through a Fender Rumble amp and my Fender MIM J-Bass, and my brother has a nice Pearl set. My stepbrother, however, runs his guitar into a BOSS Chorus Ensemble Stereo pedal, and each output from that stompbox runs into a seperate Line 6 Spider III 75 amp, with effects put on differently at each amp. While i prefer the tube amp sound, for using effects and stereo guitar sounds this works out great.

Right now I only use an amp and a guitar. No effects at all.

Thats the way to do it! When i first started playing I used to hide behind effects, but now I just love the sound I get on m Epi.

RE "hiding behind effects."

One reason I like the "acoustic" amp is that if I want as "pure" a guitar sound as the strings allow, I have it. If I wanna fulfill the function of a B3, I can do that.

And I'm an old guy.

Seriously, one reason I often will change the guitars I even play at home is that Guitar "A" brings a different feel and therefore a different approach to technique compared to Guitar "B." I even tend to play and "think" completely different kinds of music...

Ah, the zen of guitar...

I just bought the Visual Sound "Route 66" and "H2O" pedals and I'm running those through my '65 Twin Reverb Re-Issue. I like clean tone and then building on layers from there. I sold all of my old pedals and I'm really enjoying exploring the possibilities I have with this set up. Naturally, I love it when I have the house to myself. That doesn't happen as often as I'd like!

My Garage is a mess right NOW every thing is just throwen in there. But here's a couple of pictures. If you touch it you'll hear me and my wife talking. Plus the wind.

This is me with my gear out side showing off my new Gibson Robot.

th_Picture002-1.jpg

Told ya it was trashed.

Picture009.jpg

This is where I record.

Picture011.jpg

This is my computer set up.

Picture010.jpg

Be moving in and setting up to record my second CD real soon. Have to run power out there first.

This is what I play around with at home... I have a few Boss pedals, Metal Zone, Blues Driver, Turbo Distortion and a Marshall Guvnor...

I would love to have the time to Jam and maybe even play a few gigs...

This Amp has never been past 3 yet.....

chess001.jpg

Regards

Archived