Gibson Brands Forums

I Still Want An ES-335.....

Murph

When I joined this forum, I was gassing for a '58 Lester. I gigged bars with a '72 Les Paul Recording from Mesa/Phoenix, to Lake Charles Louisiana, to Illinois, for some 14 years. Switched to some Fenders for some Country gigs (although I kept the SG)

Tim showed me pictures of his. Nice. After many months of pain, quit smoking, switched bands, ect., ect., I fell in love with the ES-339. Bought it. Love it. It's my # 1......

So, why do I still still want the big boy?

Hmmmmm?

Murph.

I had gas for a 335 about a year ago. I just couldn't afford any except that ugly cherry with the flat finish.

I heard only good things about the Epiphone elitist dot so I took the plunge and bought one right before they stopped making them. Best playing guitar I have. I like it better than my 78 Les Paul and SRV strat. Sounds great and plays great. It has cured my gibby 335 gas.

I entered the Gibson and Discovery Channel's Chris Isaac 335 give away everyday during the contest. They were also giving away three Epiphone Dots along with a beautiful, high gloss 335.

I haven't been notified yet if I'm a winner.

I just checked to see if I was among the winners. Not yet.=P~

I entered the Gibson and Discovery Channel's Chris Isaac 335 give away everyday during the contest. They were also giving away three Epiphone Dots along with a beautiful' date=' high gloss 335.

I haven't been notified yet if I'm a winner.

I just checked to see if I was among the winners. Not yet.#-o [/quote']

Get a Job!

=P~

I'm kidding.........................................................................

Love ya California.......

Murph.

When I joined this forum' date=' I was gassing for a '58 Lester. I gigged bars with a '72 Les Paul Recording from Mesa/Phoenix, to Lake Charles Louisiana, to Illinois, for some 14 years. Switched to some Fenders for some Country gigs (although I kept the SG)

Tim showed me pictures of his. Nice. After many months of pain, quit smoking, switched bands, ect., ect., I fell in love with the ES-339. Bought it. Love it. It's my # 1......

So, why do I still still want the big boy?

Hmmmmm?

Murph.[/quote']

Because nothing beats the big boy!

So' date=' why do I still still want the big boy?[/quote']

Do you associate the guitar with some of your favorite players and want one for that reason, maybe?

I love mine, wish it had the jumbo frets but no big deal. There was a time when I was tossing & turning over selling/trading it for another LP but glad I kept it. I would have definitely had regrets later on. Are you still G.A.S.'n for a '58 Lester?

Do you associate the guitar with some of your favorite players and want one for that reason' date=' maybe?

[/quote']

Not at all. I just played one a few weeks before I ordered the 339 and loved the neck. Also the sustain.

The semi hollows just have something. I just got home from gigging my 339. It's my favorite guitar in the World right now. I also need a double cut now, so the '61 SG is in my radar, or a red 339, or a 335.

I haven't gigged a Les Paul in over a decade, except my daughters new Studio Fireburst, and it was damned good, but I just prefer a double cut.

Best of luck.

Murph.

Archived