Gibson Brands Forums

Beer...

You havent had beer until you have had real beer from Germany and the UK; not this watered down crap they sell in the US but the stuff across the pond. I loved the beer and pubs in the UK and I swear almost every pub was named "Checkers"....

I was watching history channel on st. patty's day and there were all these liquor info-shows. They talked about this one beer that was so strong it had no head and was a coffee color. It sounded like it was essentially beer-shots.

I hope none of my friends come here and read what Im about to write...

I really prefer german beer over domestic beer...

Really really really prefer it.

I think I fixed it... I could be wrong though... there have been rumours of me being wrong in the past. No one has given proof of it though.

I tried this beer some time ago.

Brewed somewhere in Bedford, UK, i believe.

Black Bat 6.0%

A powerful, sweet, fruity and malty beer for winter.

Fruity, nutty aroma; strong roast malt aftertaste.

It was one of the nicest beers iv'e ever tasted. :P)

Canned and bottled beer is nasty! Too many chemicals.

You havent had beer until you have had real beer from Germany and the UK; not this watered down crap they sell in the US but the stuff across the pond. I loved the beer and pubs in the UK and I swear almost every pub was named "Checkers"....

My moms side of the family has deep deep roots in Germany and I've always wanted to go (plus I hear the beer is excellent as you say). My grandmother actually got here to America because she saved the life of an American Soldier during WWII by convincing a German Officer to spare his life. Somehow the soldier got in contact with my mom after the war and payed to bring her over to America. The crazy thing is, she didnt tell anyone about her life during WWII until she was on her deathbed. Really sad :o

I appreciate a quality (you can translate that to "expensive" if you wish) beer, but I have yet to meet a beer I wouldn't drink - with the exception of Coors which doesn't actually taste like beer. Generally speaking, I find Canadian and German beer to be rather skunky tasting but Irish beer is the **** - Murphy's stout being a favorite.

Ben Franklin once said that "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Cheers to that.

Here in Cleveland, we have a world-class brewery called Great Lakes Brewery that is terrific. My favorite beer is Fat Tire, but it's only available in the West.

I disagee that Europe has better beers than the US. Most microbrews have fabulous stuff. Ironically, when I was in Great Britain, one of the beers that was most served at some of the local joints was Budweiser.

guitarest man - you like Snake-Bite you is gonna LOVE Black Velvet.....

Replace the lager-beer with Guinness and the cider with Champagne.

Or to really finish the day off niceley a Depth Charge:

Nearly full pint of Guinness with a shot glass brimmed with Port,

just lowered to the surface and allowed to sink gently.

Great Britain' date=' one of the beers that was most served at some of the local joints was Budweiser.[/quote']

Budweiser

Gives me an evil headache - too many chemicals.

Prefer a more natural beer if im honest.

Drink a carlsberg, then a bud you will notice a big difference if your taste buds aint shot to bits.

Also beer is much better out of a keg than out of a bottle or can.

Retro Beer Ad....

G12%20Guinness%20lobster.JPG

If you're thinking of the US variety' date=' that's not even beer - no wonder it makes you sick ;-)

DJ

-- [/quote']

Budweiser is a lager, I am fully aware of that.

Likewise so is Carlsberg.

I was answering a previous comment from heymisterk regarding budweiser.

If you would read aprevious post of mine as a beer i like black bat.

You havent had beer until you have had real beer from Germany and the UK; not this watered down crap they sell in the US but the stuff across the pond....

Nice try' date=' but you fail. American beer has come a long way from piss like Budweiser, Coors, and Miller. There are too many killer regional breweries to list, mainly in the Great Lakes region. Let's start here:

[img']http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/2413364985_594e676023.jpg?v=0[/img]

New Castle wishes it was as good as this.

And another shout out to Great Lakes Brewing Co. Man, their Conway's Irish Ale and a slice of corned beef is pure nirvana.

[quote name=.

I disagee that Europe has better beers than the US. Most microbrews have fabulous stuff. Ironically' date=' when I was in Great Britain, one of the beers that was most served at some of the local joints was Budweiser.[/quote]

I agree. We have some fantastic breweries here in central California which make beer as good as any European and it is fresh. Imported beer spends too much time in transit.

One of the biggest benefits of being in the SCA.... beer is in our time period.

The BEST thing about that is... one of my best friends married The Beer Goddess. NO commercial beer beats her home brews. Nothing. I am not a big beer kinda guy either, but I have yet to drink one of hers I didn't like.

At the War in MS back in March, it paid to have your mug with you everywhere you went, for those that brew the best of ales are not the least bit miserly with the fruits of their labors....

Going by micro breweries is kinda pointless. There's great ones everywhere these days, so it doesn't really say anything about the beer culture of any particular country. Going by the larger breweries, and by what you can walk into any pub or store and get whenever provides a bit more accurate picture, in my opinion.

Budweiser is a lager' date=' I am fully aware of that.

Likewise so is Carlsberg.

I was answering a previous comment from heymisterk regarding budweiser.

If you would read aprevious post of mine as a beer i like black bat.[/quote']

Easy mate, I'm just joking... nothing to get upset about.

Cheers,

DJ

--

I appreciate a quality (you can translate that to "expensive" if you wish) beer' date=' but I have yet to meet a beer I wouldn't drink - with the exception of Coors which doesn't actually taste like beer. Generally speaking, I find Canadian and German beer to be rather skunky tasting but Irish beer is the **** - Murphy's stout being a favorite.

[/quote']

Hmmm, Murphys...I have a serious urge now, and its only Monday.

Going to see Clapton tonight too, sounds like a good start to the week is just getting better..

Archived