Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson guitars from China.

Steven Tari

A friend of mine in wholesale work turned me on to Gibson guitars from china wholesale. I thought they were made over there which some are but as I looked around on some of the sights something caught my eye that baffled me. I was finding used gibsons from the 40's and 50's for sale for hundreds instead of thousands of dollars. Also I noticed a few people from GB had been buying them. I just wanted to find out from shadow if all these are Chinese made or is Gibson exporting some over there or is it noneua ( none of your business).

I first saw CHEAPO CHINESE guitars with the GIBSON NAME on them at Best Buy a few weeks ago.

I doubt Gibson has a factory over there, but I dunno.

Maybe they come from the same sh!t hole as the cheapest Epiphone stuff.

Beautiful, eh?

All I saw were acoustics.

I can't for the life of me remember the name they stuck on them, but it's an old Gibson name from way back.

Dammit, what was that.....?

Anyhow, they were shiny and said Gibson on them.

I'm sure they'll sell like crazy.

:-(

I can get a 57 Les Paul Black Beauty. Three pups, with bixby tremeolo In Gold. Shipped to my house. For 468.00. I know its a reissue. But the one that got me was the one of a kind Les Paul they were selling for 18 grand, I can get for 460.00 Shipped to my house. The one that was hand etched with the bass fish on it.

OH YEAH. There useing the ad that Gibson used to sell it.

Not to be a Narc, but I think you can buy an Epiphone Flame Burst Les Paul in Paducah Ky, at ************ for like $299.00

I can't remember the name of the store.

It had something to do with "Music"..

And "Zone"..

I don't remember............

Paducah, Ky........

I don't know.....

My mind is blank........

Figure it out......

All I saw were acoustics.

I can't for the life of me remember the name they stuck on them' date=' but it's an old Gibson name from way back.

Dammit, what was that.....?

Anyhow, they were shiny and said Gibson on them.

I'm sure they'll sell like crazy.

:-(

[/quote']

Maestro. But they are learning guitars, they are not better than the cheapest epiphone. In fact, the cheapest epiphone is suposed to be better than the maestro (by gibson). A friend told me about it recently, he was surfing the net and found them for what would be 90 of your dollars and he told me he would buy some of those gibson guitars and sell them at the prices I've paid for all of mine. I looked at them, then looked at him, then slaped him in the face and said "maestro-by-gibson" morron.

I can get a 57 Les Paul Black Beauty. Three pups' date=' with bixby tremeolo In Gold. Shipped to my house. For 468.00. I know its a reissue. But the one that got me was the one of a kind Les Paul they were selling for 18 grand, I can get for 460.00 Shipped to my house. The one that was hand etched with the bass fish on it.

OH YEAH. There useing the ad that Gibson used to sell it.[/quote']

Are you for real? Everyone knows those are fakes, even if the seller tells you they are one of a kind or colectables from the golden age... they are scamers out to get idiots that will believe there is a 59 gibby for 450 dollars.

No disrespect meant.

Are you for real? Everyone knows those are fakes' date=' even if the seller tells you they are one of a kind or colectables from the golden age... they are scamers out to get idiots that will believe there is a 59 gibby for 450 dollars.

No disrespect meant.[/quote']

None taken. But how can you tell now like on ebay or carls list that it ain't one of the chinese ones. Even in the stores, how can you tell? All they have to do is charge high dollar and they would think it's real.

Say it aint so. Thats why im so P-OFF at Fender, Makeing Guitars overseas and across the Border. The company I work for( for the time being) is sending all our work to Mexico. Which puts US Citizens out of work. I only buy American made!

I first saw CHEAPO CHINESE guitars with the GIBSON NAME on them at Best Buy a few weeks ago.

I doubt Gibson has a factory over there' date=' but I dunno.

Maybe they come from the same sh!t hole as the cheapest Epiphone stuff.

Beautiful, eh?

[/quote']

What is Best Buy doing selling fake guitars? Its a sad day when the big corporations start selling fake products.

While doing research I found out my Epi Zephyr blues deluxe was made in Korea. I still love it, I paid 1200 dollars for it when they first came out.

Look here and see for yourself, This is but one Wholeseller.

www.tradetang.com/wholesale/cheap-gibson-guitar-with.html

While doing research I found out my Epi Zephyr blues deluxe was made in Korea. I still love it' date=' I paid 1200 dollars for it when they first came out.

Look here and see for yourself, This is but one Wholeseller.

www.tradetang.com/wholesale/cheap-gibson-guitar-with.html[/quote']

I love what they same about themselves. They can't even spell correctly let alone get the grammar right!

"About Us :

We have a lot of guitars in every imaginable brand, All the guitar are fabrited in our na factory, and all the guitar accessories, like pickups, etc., are imported from Korea. We always guarantee that

all the guitar we offer have the same sound and same quality like the same – type – guitars you buy in your lol musil instrument store, beuse customer satisfaction is always our number one priority.

Most of our guitars are made of mahogany. There are also some guitar are made of maple.

The density and width of every piece of wood is different. So, it is inevitable that there will be some blemish on the guitars. When selling this kind of guitars, you n transform this disadvantage to advantage, you could tell your customer that every guitar has its unique outside and tone colour.

The guitar is perfect copy but with very good quality.

All the pictures are taken from own studio. You will get what you see.

Frankly there isn't any original Gibson guitar selling on TradeTang.com.

If anybody says it is original, they must be liar. Trust us.

Pls feel free to contact us if any further question.

Looking forward to do more biz with you in the future.

I wish you will like it and don`t lose the chance get it.

waiting for your good news ......

sincerely"

I love what they same about themselves. They can't even spell correctly let alone get the grammar right!

"About Us :

We have a lot of guitars in every imaginable brand' date=' All the guitar are fabrited in our na factory, and all the guitar accessories, like pickups, etc., are imported from Korea. We always guarantee that

[b']all the guitar we offer have the same sound [/b]and same quality like the same – type – guitars you buy in your lol musil instrument store, beuse customer satisfaction is always our number one priority.

Most of our guitars are made of mahogany. There are also some guitar are made of maple.

The density and width of every piece of wood is different. So, it is inevitable that there will be some blemish on the guitars. When selling this kind of guitars, you n transform this disadvantage to advantage, you could tell your customer that every guitar has its unique outside and tone colour.

The guitar is perfect copy but with very good quality.

All the pictures are taken from own studio. You will get what you see.

Frankly there isn't any original Gibson guitar selling on TradeTang.com.

If anybody says it is original, they must be liar. Trust us.

Pls feel free to contact us if any further question.

Looking forward to do more biz with you in the future.

I wish you will like it and don`t lose the chance get it.

waiting for your good news ......

sincerely"

What "brands" if not gibson??

Who wants all guitar sound the same ??

Who is the liar ??

Peter

These things have to be bootleg. I saw a LP Custom in silverburst (my dream guitar) on that site for like $340.00.

Ironically, this morning I found a guy here in the PGH area selling some copy Gibsons here on Craigslist. The guy acknowledges that they are fakes. But, man, what a bummer. I worked really hard to get my first Gibson, and it's frustrating to think that some kid might get ripped off.

Yes they are... I don't think I would fall for one of those, even if the price was the same as a real gibson guitar. That's why you should buy from reputable dealers, if you prove the guitar you got from them is a fake you will get your money back, and you can even sue them (in some countries you can). Now a chinese webpage or a guy from CL or Evil-bay, you wont be able to get anything from them, even if they are real people and not some stolen evil-bay acount.

I just wanted to find out from shadow if all these are Chinese made or is Gibson exporting some over there or is it noneua ( none of your business).

Man if you are thinking about buying and are not sure what they are offering (if you go to a store), you can ask some of the guys in here (including myself) and we'll be more than happy to help, there are lots of ways to tell a fake from a copy aside from price and wathever the guy/web selling them says.

Archived