Gibson Brands Forums

My New Baby

Snausages604

So I've been on the hunt for the last 6 months for a new guitar. Every day I would head to my local Long & McQuade and drool over their inventory, After playing nearly every guitar my heart was set on two, a D28 and what's rested on my lap at this very moment. So yesterday I decided to man up. I brought a friend of mine to the store, switched the strings on both, switching the two guitars between us, testing projection and tone (they're both rosewood). we even plugged in the songwriter and see how well it sounded with a full band =p. And although the Martin had a tad fuller projection, it didn't give me goosebumps like the songwriter did. I can safely say that this is the smartest investment I've ever made.

Now all that's left to do is name her. :/

CIMG0992.jpg

CIMG1015.jpg

CIMG1000.jpg

CIMG1013.jpg

CIMG1019.jpg

So I've been on the hunt for the last 6 months for a new guitar. Every day I would head to my local Long & McQuade.................................

That store must have been loving you! Every day for 6 months! I bet you had your own coffee mug there!

Anyway, you've chosen well my friend - it looks a cracker!

Was trying to see the pics. Is there a trick to seeing the photos larger than 1 mm x 1 mm.

Suddenly' date=' the photos are much larger. So I'm good. Great looking guitar. [/quote']

Just refresh the page. That should do the trick. It happens to a lot of people who use Explorer for their browser.

That store must have been loving you! Every day for 6 months! I bet you had your own coffee mug there!

Anyway' date=' you've chosen well my friend - it looks a cracker![/quote']

My local Long & McQuade (here in Calgary) encourages me to come in and play their acoustics. Stan says it just makes them better! I know I've sold a few guitars for them just by playing in the room and talking to customers about some of the gorgeous guitars there.

In fact, when I first put my hands on a SWD at L&M, I was just starting to think I needed to buy this guitar, when a little old man next to me commented on it. I swear he was a little old man! He was about 4'10" and had arthritis in both hands and was plunking on a Yamaha or something. He turned to me and said, "that's a sweet sounding guitar". I told him he should try it. He said "I'm 86 years old". I said "well play this and you'll feel 20 again" and put it in his hands. He sat and played it for about a half an hour. I finally had to leave. I came back the next day because the guitar had really grabbed me and I wanted it. It was gone. I'm sure my little old guy bought it. Warmed my heart that he had snapped it up. I mean... why would he NOT buy it??

Fortunately Stan keeps stocking these beauties and I grabbed the next one.

Thanks guys! I'll definately be posting here more often!

I picked her up at the Long and Mcquade in Abbotsford, amazing staff there! The first song I played when she got her new strings was a song I wrote called "Tasha", hmm. Am I on to something?

Archived