Gibson Brands Forums

GM Lies

MikeRom

So word this morning on the radio was that GM had a buyer for Hummer. Speculation figured it would be the Chinese or Indians but GM assured everyone that the buyer was an invesment group not involved with manufacturing. So just who is this investment group you ask?

Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd. in China.

Right. Doesn't sound like they do any type of manufacturing there [-X[-o<

You know what is keeping Buick alive for GM? The Chinese love 'em! Buicks are considered a symbol of success there over Lexus, Infiniti , or Acura and Buick has several models there that are not offered in the US. Looks the Chinese can complain of buying American products , har.

Eye like the American version at least never been there for the real deal.

Never been to China, but I think I can safely say that "real" Chinese food is nothing like the Chinese food we get here. (And I don't even like that).

The only time I've ever eaten Vietnamese food was in Vietnam and it was *horrid.* I have been told that American pho is better than Vietnamese pho, but I just can't bring myself to try it. I got real excited one morning thinking that congee would be a terrific breakfast. Looks just like cream of wheat, right? I got a huge bowl of it only to discover that *that* morning's congee was shrimp-flavored!! YUCK! Who wants shrimp at 7 a.m.?

And don't even get me started talking about Japanese businessmen.......won't even give up a seat to a woman with a baby......bunch of pricks.........

Sorry. I'm itchy and it tends to make me a bit testy....

Archived