Gibson Brands Forums

HOMECOMING!!!

Hoss

Yes---it's that time again. When acoustic Gibsons - new and old- make their way back upstream along with their owners. This time next week, Mrs. Hoss and I will be teara**ing through Spokane on the way to Gibson, Montana. Excited?!!? Oh.........Perhaps!

The tours and events for this shindig are over the top this year. Kudos to everyone involved in planning and organizing the Homecoming event. We appreciate your efforts, and are looking forward to a great time seeing everyone.

The best part for Ol Hoss??? Meeting the people who make these great GIbsons. (OK-- playing a whole bunch of guitars is a close second! :- )

My wife thinks I'm too anxious: she says that I was silly to have camped out at the airport parking lot with my J-45 last Sunday. . .

You can't be too careful about travel arrangements these days....it's good to take some precautions. (Maybe you could work in a shower before you show up to the first event tho, right??) This is your first Homecoming, right? You're going to love it! :-

Have a wonderful time everyone!!! Remember' date=' no open-toed shoes on the tours! Please post pics so we can live vicariously through you! Is there a 'reporter' designated this year?[/quote']

Hmmmmmmm............I seem to recall a few Homecomings ago when you threatened to rip the camera apart rather than let any of those pictures to see the light of day...And ol Hoss was a gentleman about it, wasn't he?[-o<

Well, I'll get a few pictures of the brewery tour and 'some' party scenes.... I don't know who's covering Waverly or Weber. We'll miss you Karen!

Hmmmmmmm............I seem to recall a few Homecomings ago when you threatened to rip the camera apart rather than let any of those pictures to see the light of day...And ol Hoss was a gentleman about it' date=' wasn't he?[-o<

Well, I'll get a few pictures of the brewery tour and 'some' party scenes.... I don't know who's covering Waverly or Weber. We'll miss you Karen![/quote']

LOL You can only take pictures of my right side.... my left side is terrible! I could have been one of those *attractions* in the travelling sideshows.... you know the ones where the right side looks different than the left? I think they called them freak shows haha

I will miss seeing you all. Have a wonderful time......

I can't convince my 13 year old son to go with me so sadly can't make it this time.

He's 13! Don't try to convince him to go, tell him he's going! (We non-parents know everything about how to raise kids.)

Seriously, have you tried telling him about the dinosaurs at the Museum and Little Big Horn?

If by some freak chance that doesn't work, we'll miss you.

-- Bob R

Is there a 'reporter' designated this year?

Yes, Anne will be doing it again. And since she now has a cell phone with a decent camera, she'll be able to supply some photos to supplement whatever other attendees supply her with.

-- Bob R

Yes' date=' Anne will be doing it again. And since she now has a cell phone with a decent camera, she'll be able to supply some photos to supplement whatever other attendees supply her with.

-- Bob R[/quote']

Happy to see Anne doing it again. Will be looking forward to her reports =D>/

He's 13! Don't try to convince him to go' date=' tell him he's going! (We non-parents know everything about how to raise kids.)

Seriously, have you tried telling him about the dinosaurs at the Museum and Little Big Horn?

If by some freak chance that doesn't work, we'll miss you.

-- Bob R[/quote']

OK, thx for the tip, Bob! I am giving a somewhat subtle push on the dinosaur front and also mentioned the possibility of the big dinosaur museum in Thermopolis, Wyoming which we could hit going or coming.... :-({|=51.gif

Yes' date=' Anne will be doing it again. And since she now has a cell phone with a decent camera, she'll be able to supply some photos to supplement whatever other attendees supply her with.

-- Bob R[/quote']

I'm bringing my camera and will be happy to donate some pics for Anne's reports. I think I still have some pics from last year on the memory card too.

Pleased to see it is going ahead this year. I had assumed that with Mike away from the Forum it wouldn't happen this year so well done.

The arrangements for this year were made before Mike's leaving. The big question is, will there be one next year?

The arrangements for this year were made before Mike's leaving. The big question is' date=' will there be one next year?[/quote']

I hope so. I really fancied it this year but no £. But next year.............well it's next year so I've got plenty of time to sell the idea to Mrs AJ.

Someone will step up to the plate I'm sure, if it's not Mike.

I envy all of you homecoming attendees! Have a blast and I along with GG, albertjohn and the rest will be living vicariously through any and all photos attached. It will be nice to put some faces with names so make sure to label the photos....

And most of all..........................

Don't do anything that I wouldn't do... (which leaves you all pretty much open for anything!)

Have fun..... I hope to make it one of these years. I have been on the Taylor factory tour before so I feel it's important to make it to Bozeman sometime considering now I have twice as many Gibsons as Taylors. +:-@

Archived