Gibson Brands Forums

Melody Maker overpriced!

lancenutwood

A$$holes noticed the guitar sold a lot and was taking down sales for epis of the same price range and gibsons costing as much as 2 times that. I think that's why they stopped making the 2 pickup version. Glad I got mine for cheap, even with the mods I performed it didnt cost me more than 390 bucks, which for a 2 pickup USA made guitar is really cheap in my opinion.

A couple of months ago Musiciansfriend.com had White Melody Makers for $250 shipped.

It was a phone offer so you had to call.

It lasted for at least 2 weeks' date=' I posted it here.[/quote']

Yeah I saw that and just assumed that they were going to stay under $350 but was unaware that some corporate boob would raise the prices of their entry level guitar which rocks and gets customers hooked for a lifetime of buying gibson guitars. I'm still on the hunt and lookout for a LP but I want a MM in the mean time to suffice until I can afford a LP, But at these prices forget it!

Wow that's crazy I bought a ebony dual pickup models when they were blowing them out at GC for $299.00. Still new in the cardboard box if anyone is interested at $695.00 #-o

LOL $695 for a new MM. I could just get a used LP studio mint cond. for that much. or the Joan Jett double cutaway thinline neck for that much.

Archived