Gibson Brands Forums

Fried goldfish - another one for the "WTF Files"

NeoConMan

Houston Woman Fries and Eats Pet Goldfish After Fight With Husband Wednesday

September 30, 2009

PASADENA, Texas

— Authorities say a Houston-area woman who was burned up at her former common-law husband fried their pet goldfish and ate some of them. Pasadena police say it's a civil matter and no charges will be filed.

The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times.

Police spokesman Vance Mitchell says the man reported on Saturday that the woman took the goldfish from his apartment.

Mitchell says the two argued earlier about some jewelry the man had given her but took back.

She wanted the jewelry returned.

Officers who were dispatched to the woman's home arrived to find four fried goldfish on a plate.

The woman said she already ate the other three.

Jeez....

Amazing what women will do for jewelry.

:D

(Insert your own comment below)

O.K...... I heard this story on the news earlier, the part that I do not understand is how a goldfish (as a pet) could be fried and ate, with no "crime". Do you think that she would have gotten off with nothing if she cooked up her dog or cat?....... what I am getting at, is how is it determined what pets you would go to jail for and what pets you commit no crime when you kill them? Is there a rule book somewhere?

Disclaimer: I am a dog lover, and I am in no way suggesting that it should happen, just puzzled by the double standard......A double standard that could result in jail time.

WTH??!! Why did she take it out on the poor goldfish?? They had no dog in the fight (so to speak) She should have fricasseed her husband and served him up with kernel corn and scallopped potatoes! (just kidding) Or better yet, served him to the goldfish heehee

WTH??!! Why did she take it out on the poor goldfish?? They had no dog in the fight (so to speak) She should have fricasseed her husband and served him up with kernel corn and scallopped potatoes! (just kidding) Or better yet' date=' served him to the goldfish heehee[/quote']

Tell us what you REALLY think GG......

=D>

I don't get it?

I think you should be allowed to eat your pet if you want to.

I had chickens a few years ago. I ate em' all the time. ( I ate their eggs every day for years)

I've got catfish in my pond. I feed em'. I catch em'. I gut em', skin em' and eat em'..... We have a deal......

I'm thinking about getting a few pet cows. I like steak. What's the problem?

I kill my pet deer every year, backstraps wrapped in bacon is the bomb.......

=P~/

As far as I know' date=' I've never eaten any dog.

Having said that, I did go to Mexicali in the early '80's and got very drunk at a party, and ate something that looked weird, and tasted funny......

#-o [/quote']

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says.....

(wait for it)

"Does this taste funny to you?" :-k/

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says.....

(wait for it)

"Does this taste funny to you?" #-o/

Ha...i acutal smiled, thanks lol. You made my night.

Archived