Gibson Brands Forums

Fravorite Toy from Your Youth

Bluemoon

Hotwheels, Matchbox and Johnny Lightning cars. Although, my mother swears the best toys she ever bought for my brother and I were a pair of these exact same motorcycles (that's neither of us in the pic, I found it on the web):

billybike2.jpg

She told me we rode them so much that they eventually wore out so she bought us a second set.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clackers were for the kids that couldn't yo-yo! I remember when they came out and there was a big stink when schools wouldn't let kids have them at school too dangerous.

erector sets were cool when they were metal and bolted together. and of course GI Joe was the boy version of a doll (action toys) but I mean the big GI Joe's not the little plastic molded things. I also remember the little plastic army men that we used to set out and then shoot at with BB guns and fire crackers to decimate the ranks.

the only plastic figures I remember wanting as a kid were astronauts, the space program was huge so lots of space toys the one I remeber was Major Matt Mason or something similar with a gazillion add on toys pretty cool and probably worth a fortune if they were in good condition. but back then nothing stayed new we played outside and destroyed everything with rough play something changed in the world and personally i don't think t was a good change

We called the Knockers too. They were band in my area of Detroit because to many kids were hurting themselves. We then switch to Duncan Yo-Yos

Drywall didn't stand a chance against em......Or noses.

Best part was you could fling em like a Bolo

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Nah...They weren't dangerous:-"

Archived