Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage parts

Tim Plains

I understand the whole concept of "well, if the guitar costs $200,000..." or if you already have a '58 burst and are missing some parts...but the truth is vintage prices, and the people who pay them are retarded. What do you think?

1958 Les Paul Gibson Les Paul Rhythm Treble Ring

Buy It Now Price: US $2,449.00

$2,450 will easily get you a used Gibson R8, or a LP Standard & Gibson Firebird, or three Vs, or a Strat & a Tele, or 32 Dean guitars. All of which will sound better than that treble ring.

if i even had that much money id buy myself a lp std or a nice amp stack... geez... people that would pay that much for a little piece of plastic are crazy and dont deserve to have the type of money they obviously have if they can afford to pay that much for that thing.... :-

HEY BUDDY PICK UP OR GO TO ONLINE VINTAGE GUITAR MAGAZINE....THERE ARE PLENTY OF DEALERS THAT SELL VINTAGE PARTS AD NOTHING BUT VINTAGE PARTS.

THAT PRICE SOUND WAY TO HIGH !!!!

I CAN SEE 399.99 BUT NO WAY THAT AMOUNT YOU'LL GET DEALERS WITH GREAT REPS AT VINTAGE GUITAR MAG AND THERE MUST BE 20 DIFFERENT DEALERS SELLING NOTHING BUT PARTS.

SHEESH I PAID ONLY 78.00 FOR A 57 PICKGUARD THAT IS ORIGINAL....SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS OUT TO MAKE A KILLING

GETTING THE CORRECT PARTS WILL CERTAINLY INCREASE THE PRICE OF YOUR AX.....ESPECIALLY IF IT IS A TRUE 59 ER

Nothing BEATS original parts BUT WHEN IT COMES TO AN original guitar

IT'S THE SAME s a Corvette or Antique Motorcycle....even though ya may have period correct parts they prefer that the parts be the ones it came from the factory with,

I have many tricks to help ya make solder joints looks 50 years old, and how to age certain other parts

.Feel free to PM me or email me and I'll be happy to give ya the name of these suppliers and how to age the parts correctly.

This will turn a 30 grand paul to a 75 grand paul !!!

IF you rather not spend that kind of cash I can offer you a good price or a trade of a nice CUSTOM SHOP ax or whatever it takes to make the deal happen. It would be my pleasure to restore that ax correctly and if your not into it you get a great ax in return or cash !!

I'm sure out of the 37 GIBBY's I have ONE HAS YOUR NAME ON IT !!

Don;t get me wrong I would be just as happy to help ya get the parts and restore it for yourself but if cash is a problem than I'll help ya out by supplying you with the ax of your choice

restorations are expensive...lots of guys abandon a project due to the cost to do it right,,,I have the time and experience as a Guitar tech of sorts.

Which ever way ya wanna go.

Have a great day...here's the address for VINTAGE GUITAR MAGAZINE..... wwwvintageguitar.com

You should be able to view the magazine without a subscription,,,,they have there commercial sales pages and then 4 pages of personal sales adds.

we'll find what ya need

St James

Archived