Gibson Brands Forums

Les paul custom 05 too heavy?

odie desmith

My Epiphone weighs 10 pounds on the nose, I had an opportunity to play a 1978 Gibson Les Paul Custom that wasn't as heavy as that Epiphone. I personally think they're supposed to be heavy. I used to have an old Les Paul Studio Dot (inlays) that weighed a frigging ton, and that's what I compare any Les Paul after to.

Jeez !

Im 50 in a few weeks and I'm still able to hold a LP just fine thank you. You want to try heavy get a LP Recording Model my 72 weighs 13.2 pounds and my 76 weighs in at 12.1 pounds and just think that's the model Les Paul himself played in his 90's with badly arthritic hands. So buck up ladies time to think about your Wheaties or maybe vitamins...

Jeez !

Im 50 in a few weeks and I'm still able to hold a LP just fine thank you. You want to try heavy get a LP Recording Model my 72 weighs 13.2 pounds and my 76 weighs in at 12.1 pounds and just think that's the model Les Paul himself played in his 90's with badly arthritic hands. So buck up ladies time to think about your Wheaties or maybe vitamins...

Well Said. =d>

Archived