Gibson Brands Forums

The buckethead les paul is up for grabs now.

dem00n

I've said it before and I'll say it again' date=' it looks like a cake.

Samn cool cake though. My only beef is with the knobs. I like the 2 vol 2 tone + 1 toggle switch up top configureation. [/quote']

hahaha yea spot on [laugh] it looks like a cake! [biggrin]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that is one nice and unique looking guitar...... Very cool features...

The headstock is so Norlin like with that exaggerated open book shape......[laugh]

I was set on getting a R9 this coming April, but this guitar has some very cool features that would separate it functionally from my other two LP's.

This is the first Gibson release in a very long time that's really grabbed my attention.[biggrin]

The specs are crazy' date=' this is a true signature guitar.

27" scale? 1.71" nut width? oversized body?

This is cool for those who can take advantage of those specs.[/quote']

special specs?

now we know what happened to the leftovers from their "baritone series" that flopped like a dead fish a few years back.

Let's say John Doe buys a Buckethead Signature Les Paul guitar. He gets really good and becomes a star known for playing his Buckethead Signature Les Paul. Perhaps some day in 20 years there will be the Gibson John Doe Signature Buckethead Signature Les Paul model guitar :-k

Don't some people have their own signature Signature Rhodes Jackson concords?

Awesome guitar, it's an EXACT replica of the one Bucket is playing now.

Hopefully I'll be able to put an order in asap, I've already listed my motorcycle for sale [thumbdn]

This seems like an extremely good deal, considering it's outside the USA:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=84701

Look how sexy she is, I love the blank fretboard especially;

[thumbdn]

Let's say John Doe buys a Buckethead Signature Les Paul guitar. He gets really good and becomes a star known for playing his Buckethead Signature Les Paul. Perhaps some day in 20 years there will be the Gibson John Doe Signature Buckethead Signature Les Paul model guitar [biggrin]

I picked a hellofa' day to quit sniffin' glue

it's actually cooler than I thought it might be. I actually like the white and the oversize don't even mind the chambered body but I hate the red arcade buttons if you have to add the silly things at least make them black...

Got to give Gibson credit in the last two years they have actually made two or three guitars I don't want between this ones red buttons the holey guitars and the whole silly reverse V thing they are actually saving me money lately. luckily Gretsch, Trussart, Rickenbacker, Taylor and Fender have all stepped up to help out.

Are you gonna put Dimarzios and white hardware on it?

I figure if your droppin almost 3k for a sig guitar you might as well finish the job...

Nah mate. It's a replica of his 2009 touring guitar, not his older one that Axl Rose bought for him. I would consider getting a second and converting it to the old one though, complete with neck binding.

btw Shred - that was a typo, it's $2450USD not $2350. Shipping with insurance to Australia was 135EURO. I'd imagine it would be even cheaper to Canada. Take a look at your customs website and you should be able to calculate the exact import tax costs.

Even the pickups?

And I had no idea Axl bought his first LP' date=' do you know if it was a custom order or he did all the electrical stuff himself?[/quote']

It was a custom order, Gibson even re-hired one of their best retired luthiers (JT Riboloff I think his name was) to build them for him. There were at least three - 2x white les pauls (one with 24 frets and dimarzios, one with 22 frets and Gibson 500/496 pickups) and one 'burst. I'm not sure if the electrics were later modified or specially ordered.

Archived