Gibson Brands Forums

I Can Almost Taste It!

deepblue

Not a good day here...

I LOVE American hot dogs.

Canadian hot dogs are terrible. Mushy and spongy with no snap to them.

For years I have made the cross border trip at Niagara Falls to enjoy the sites and sounds of

Western New York and on the way home id stock up on Kahns, Nathans or Hebrew Nationals to bring

home and freeze for us to enjoy at a later date.

Well...

I now need a passport to enter the States and mine has expired! [lol]

Just noticed it this afternoon....My 5 years has passed.

It used to be all that I needed was drivers license...but no more.

Im craving a Kahns so badly right now!

This is to all of my American brothers and sisters....you dont know how lucky you are!

Hey, I'll trade you. You send me some of that tasty back bacon and I'll send you a box of Koegel Viennas.

Man, this new passport requirement is BS. I grew up 10min from the Canadian border and we used to go over there all of the time, especially when I turned 19. Sarnia, Ont. was like a second home to me. It's the world's longest undefended border, for christ's sake.

I typically pick up the Hebrew National dogs at the grocery store....i think you can get am at Loblaw...

Mind you its been a while since i was in Canada....where in Ontario are you deepblue? Can you not get the good stuff?

Im in Stoney Creek. My wife works for Loblaws ( Fortinos)....so, no they do not sell Hebrew Nationals.

They used to sell Oscar Mayer about 10 years ago.....but not any more.

I live about 10 miles from the border. I don't have a passport. I used to go over to NB when I'd take my oldest daughter to a her friend's house but she has her license now (and a passport).

I used to go over just for the good crumbly stinky cheddar and licorice pipes but I use ebay for that now.

Two separate items, by the way, not "stinky cheddar and licorice" pipes......

Man, I love a good hot dog!

If you ever get far south enough to hit Jersey, be sure to try a porkroll, egg and cheese sandwich on a kaiser roll. And, it's called friggin' pork roll, no matter what anyone from north Jersey says about it being called "Taylor ham" - they're WRONG.

PRSandwich.JPG

From around my area chili and cole slaw are the most requested toppings for hot dogs. Anywhere else I've been they've never heard tell of such things. Apparently everyone else in the world puts mustard and sour krout on their hot dogs.

I've never heard of putting cole slaw on a hot dog but, here in Jersey, we like chili and/or melted cheese or pickle relish. In the 7-Eleven stores, they have chili and "cheese" that dispense from pumps along with the mustard and ketchup. Now, these aren't what you'd call premium hot dogs, but they're awesome after a night of drinking... not so awesome the next morning though.

6a00e5536b8b418833011168a70a92970c-320wi

Man' date=' I love a good hot dog!

If you ever get far south enough to hit Jersey, be sure to try a porkroll, egg and cheese sandwich on a kaiser roll. And, it's called friggin' pork roll, no matter what anyone from north Jersey says about it being called "Taylor ham" - they're WRONG.

150_34781.jpg + 180px-American_cheese.jpg.jpg+08068.jpg=Taylor Ham, Cheese on an everything bagel..

My kids eat 'em all the time.. Damn Southerners...

From the local Bagel Joint's Menu...

Breakfast Sandwiches Egg Sandwiches

Taylor Ham or Bacon or Sausage $3.49

Taylor Ham, Bacon, or Sausage w/ Cheese $3.99

Anyone that's willing to admit he'd eat a 7-Eleven hot dog... Can't be trusted with anything gastronomically related.[confused][biggrin][cursing] ..

I've never heard of putting cole slaw on a hot dog but' date=' here in Jersey, we like chili and/or melted cheese or pickle relish. In the 7-Eleven stores, they have chili and "cheese" that dispense from pumps along with the mustard and ketchup. Now, these aren't what you'd call premium hot dogs, but they're awesome after a night of drinking... not so awesome the next morning though.

6a00e5536b8b418833011168a70a92970c-320wi

I recommend trying the chili and slaw. Also smoked brats on a toasted bun with sweet and sour sauce. Not the red sauce but the yellow kind with the pineapple bits in it...delicious!

Archived