Gibson Brands Forums

I will be dead by tomarrow night.............

playing an outdoor show' date=' @ 8o'clock @ night, in the dead of winter!

its been nice knowing ya'll!

just kidding, dont feel too bad for me, I have a new les paul [b']AND[/b] a new tele I get to play tomorrow

:-k

Been there done that many a time. Even gigged in the rain at one memorable gig. Amps and FOH were covered in plastic - praying we didn't get zapped.Obviously we cut the gig short.Hated to,but we valued our lives over the money more.=;

3 gigs a day/night.Up to 6 nights a week.Living off nothing but chip sandwiches and coco pops.That was the life.So many stories/memories.

A friend of mine and his band played a gig in Central Park during winter, rainy and cold. It was hard enough for me to be in the audience.

All bands that played that day had equipment malfunctions. Tough conditions but the show must go on.

lol, hey, if my hands are numb it is cold no matter where I live!

I am waiting for some new boutique parts to arrive, then I will take lots of new pictures of new guitars, but I will give you guys a hint, there is a strong page, and lifeson influence in the 2 new guitars

I am hoping that my amps can take it, I just had to replace a fuse in one of my marshalls, I have never gigged outdoors @ night when it was going to be cold

tim, I am very surpised, I thought you would have wanted me dead like 7 months ago

[biggrin]

Played outside winter shows many times in Colorado over the years don't like 'em at all. Keep some of those hand warmer packets in your pockets they will help.

2cmnclt.jpg

+1. i played a strike ralley once when the temp was -5C (approx 25F). its seriously cold but with those things you want to do you just sort of find a way. good luck!

HEY! Don't make fun.... I ALMOST had to wear a jacket this morning!

That's mean! When you're outside enjoying the mild weather' date=' can you hear the birds and the wind in the trees? Lessee...aren't you about spittin' distance from 580? Man, I don't miss that noise. :-({|=

[img']http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/Cruznolfart/The%20Farm/IMG_1001.jpg[/img]

I used to live in castro valley' date=' the first time I ever experienced traffic was on the 580

:-({|=[/quote']

580 near Danville, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, Concord has been under construction for 30 years and is STILL a PITA! I can't imagine trying to teach someone to drive there. [blink]

580 near Danville' date=' San Ramon, Walnut Creek, Concord has been under construction for 30 years and is STILL a PITA! I can't imagine trying to teach someone to drive there. [blink']

I used to live in Castro Valley too.... in a subdivision called Columbia. Moved from there about15 years ago. Danville is next to 680, Castro Valley is next to 580.

I'm less than a mile from 680, but there are foothills between me and the freeway noise...so my place is like a mausoleum! No close neighbors, (well...not TOO close), and no traffic, (private road). Hard to beat except for the severe weather... I mean it'll only get to the low 60's today!! Man....now I know how the Donner Party felt!!

BTW... I'm not sure people ever actually learn how to drive here anymore!

Bob

LOL! I love it...I've been gone so long I don't remember the freewaze anymore. I used to commute from Concord to Daly City/Colma for Ma. Bell.

I'm feeling MUCH better now.

Man...that's a long haul... Concord to Colma.... did you take BART?

I drive from Danville to Hayward, (through Crow Canyon Road). I work right at the base of the San Mateo Bridge...a good spit will hit the water in the SF Bay from my office.

Bob

Man...that's a long haul... Concord to Colma.... did you take BART?

I drive from Danville to Hayward' date=' (through Crow Canyon Road). I work right at the base of the San Mateo Bridge...a good spit will hit the water in the SF Bay from my office.

Bob[/quote']

I rode BART one time and hated it! I car-pooled for a couple weeks...and hated it. So for about two years I drove solo. I'm a fairly quiet guy and don't really like to just BS very much. Riding with others isn't my idea of relaxing before a trying day, let alone AFTER. Expensive and indulgent, I know.

I bought my first home in the Sunset District in '72, where we lived for a few years. One summer we house-sat for my lead guitar player at their home in San Ramon. Because of the weather there, we decided to move out to suburbia...Concord. After a couple years there a friend came back from Oregon with stories of its beauty...and sparse population! That led us here, where I stuck.

Right now it's so quiet outside you can hear the wind beneath their wings as the crows fly by overhead...swoosh swoosh! Redwood hiway is 5 miles from here. Grants Pass - 25 miles. Pacific Coast about 70. Heaven is right outside any door.

Right now it's so quiet outside you can hear the wind beneath their wings as the crows fly by overhead...swoosh swoosh! Redwood hiway is 5 miles from here. Grants Pass - 25 miles. Pacific Coast about 70. Heaven is right outside any door.

Yeah.... I have family in Bend.... they can see the Sisters Buttes out their dining room window... very beautiful.....

bart is good for going into the city' date=' because I dont know how to parallel park, and there are too many 1 way streets!

other then that, it is easier just to drive, because bart stations are usually 3 miles away from where I need to be[/quote']

Where do you live?

Archived