Gibson Brands Forums

ahhh The '70's!

deepblue

Sweet had a lot of good stuff.

Some of it really rocked.

The whole "glam" thing kept 'em from being noticed for the tunes.

Damned shame.

David Bowie' date='Marc Bolan(you may know him better as T.Rex-my fave),Slade,Sweet - All have had their songs covered(and not just 1)by plenty of other artists who have looked for a quick climb up the charts.

Quiet Riot,Ace Frehley,Bob Dylan's sons band...etc.

Sweet had bucket loads of hit singles if you're bothered to do a search on them. Elton John came up through that era too...nothing to be ashamed of. Unless you hate satin,make-up and high heels[biggrin']

Great music.[smile] The drummer from Sweet(name escapes me at the moment#-o )was a phenomenal thumper. Influenced many - Tommy Lee for one.

That really sonf (Fox On The Run) does bring back memories of being a kid. I was too young to have any albums, but I remember hearing it on the radio everywhere.

BTW, I remember the first time I heard this song years after it had been a hit. I didn't even know the name or band or even what they were singing. I was watching a movie in the early 90s called "Spirit of 76". That song is in the movie and I just recognised the melody. I was like " wow I remember that song!" I probably hadn't heard it in 20 years before that. The movie is pretty cheesey and a blatant rip-off of Bill and Ted but I actually enjoyed it and would love to see it again. Of course it has a great 70s soundtrack.

A neighbor of mine had the Fox on the Run 45 rpm. We wore that little disc out. He had Deep Purple's Hush too. Good times.

+1, funny to see that in a world without internet, talking of the '70's, we lived the same things surfpup, ...though separated by a huge ocean...

Archived