Gibson Brands Forums

Tattoos

Bluemoon

I like the design especially since it means something to you. I have never understood tattoos randomly picked off the wall at a tatoo shop there on you for ever the design should mean something.

I don't have pics of mine right now which is kinda weird but I have both upper arms including most of my right shoulder and the middle of my back done in black/gray. The tattoo on my back is mostly black and grey but has blue japanese style waves in it. Mine don't show at all if I'm wearing a dress shirt which was intentional based on my career in Technology as a CIO/CTO. That's my wife's biggest fear now that I retired at 50 she's afraid I'll finish the sleeves.

The only time I ever had it come up over the years was at a meeting that was be televised so their were camera lights everywhere it went on for hours I leaned forward and a young woman behind me chuckled and then said you have a printed T-shirt on under your dress shirt I could see the design when you leaned forward. I just smiled back at her and told her the t-shirt was not printed I was. She smiled chuckled again and lifted her right sleeve up a few inches showing what looked like a nice 3/4 sleeve. She was an attorney for a large firm so you never know in the future the people without ink are going to be the strange ones...

Just don't do the cryptic Chinese characters that supposedly represent something wise and profound.

Do you really think the guys at the tat shop speak fluent Mandarin Chinese?

I'm afraid I would wind up with a really badass symbol that really means "Number 22 - Sweet & Sour Pork"...

Archived