Gibson Brands Forums

jeff healey...playing a les paul!

S t e v e

I love his Searing Tone. It's amazing that he usually used a Squier Strat' date=' this LP sure sounds sweet. He does some Pagey "Since I've Been Lovin' You" moves in there that must have been inspired by the LP's tone.[/quote']

Healey's overhand bending reminds me of Buddy Guy's handfulla string bends, just awesome!

Excellent post' date=' Steve, thanks! Never saw him play anything but his Strat, either...too. [/quote']

I have seen one Live in Montreux-video where he plays Jackson guitar for couple of songs, it has put on the stand and Jeff stand and play...think it was his latest gig there, he was then already at the end of his health.Any guitar he played, he got ALL out of it...I agree all you guys, he was one of the greatest player ever.And talented multi-instrumentalist too with his Jazz Wizard band.He visited twice in Finland....awesome gigs.

R.I.P.

In my dining room I have a shrine to him, with See The Light album on the wall and the two tickets from the concert we purchased he couldn't make, because he was taken by cancer.

Maybe my favourite electric blues guitaristxxx

Cheers for this Steve

Matt

iv'e only ever see the great man play a strat so this is a great find for me' date=' a true guitar great...R.I.P jeff healey

[YOUTUBE']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzY4l3_xmBA[/YOUTUBE]

Truly inspiring. I wish I would have caught him live sometime (no pun intended). Especially in a club type venue.

Edit: I meant to just Reply, not Quote, but oh well. [biggrin]

In my dining room I have a shrine to him' date=' with See The Light album on the wall and the two tickets from the concert we purchased he couldn't make, because he was taken by cancer.

Maybe my favourite electric blues guitaristxxx

Cheers for this Steve

Matt[/quote']

see the light is a FANTASTIC blues album!, also there is a song on there called "angel eyes" that i always said would be the first dance at my wedding (if we ever marry) [biggrin]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNubPDRJvZ0[/YOUTUBE]

Archived