Gibson Brands Forums

Is it me?

deepblue

Silly boy' date=' it's so the dog's paws won't scratch the cow's udders when they milk 'em. Don't you know nothin' about farms and stuff?

[img']http://img.youtube.com/vi/E8SLTvA39xI/0.jpg[/img]

Yeah... I grew up next door to a dairy...and I know they stink.... and I know to NEVER kick a dried up cow pattie, ('cause often they are NOT dry on the inside).

I also know the difference between a bull and a cow....the bull smiles when you milk him!

Reminds me of the time when I was a kid, riding the school bus by a horse stable, and a stallion had mounted a mare. First of all, seeing that made me feel inferior for a LONG time!!

Anyway, I asked the bus driver what was going on...he said the girl horse was sick and the boy horse was pushing her to the hospital!!

Reminds me of the time when I was a kid' date=' riding the school bus by a horse stable, and a stallion had mounted a mare. First of all, seeing that made me feel inferior for a LONG time!!

Anyway, I asked the bus driver what was going on...he said the girl horse was sick and the boy horse was pushing her to the hospital!![/quote']

LOL! Yippy yi yay, cow Patty! That bus driver knew his critters! bus%20driver.jpg

Uhm...you know milk's the white stuff that comes out the big ol' bag down under the cow; right? [blink] And it goes through a rigorous processing before it's ever packaged for distribution and sale. I suspect you're safe with Pasteurized milk' date=' provided there are no antibiotics and/or hormones present.[/quote']

Yeah, yeah.... it's not even so much the cows themselves, it's just seeing them walk around knee deep in ______, eating rotten potatoes, tags stapled in their ears.... sorry, it just don't make me hungry.

I spent several years in french fry plants and even followed the process of delicious extruded potato products such as hash browns and potato puffs but it never curbed my appetite for them, oddly enough.

EDIT: I've had the same can of Bag Balm in my medicine cabinet for about 25 years now. Does that stuff go bad after a time? It looks all dark and disgusting but is still about the same consistency as 1984, I'm just wondering.... isn't there some kind of antiseptic in it too? Seems like that would lose it's 'ooomph'.

Scott...

I can understand what you're sayin'.

A friend hadda do a lotta work in his family's henhouse for a small commercial egg operation in the '50s.

To this day he can't handle what he calls "dead chicken soup." The smell.... too similar.

I don't think potatoes and such have that problem, although it doesn't take much for me to wonder at times about the french fry smell...

It all depends on the day... <grin>

I do wonder how many people would be able to handle their own butchering as in the old days. <grin> Most ranchers I know either buy their beef in town or cart a critter in to have it processed by the pros. Very few do their own any more.

m

Dennis...

Bag balm is good for human hands' date=' too.

It's easy to find around here, anyway.

m

[/quote']

Nurse Izzy is going to try that O.O

Oh, and in Mexico I remember there was a truck that came round and we'd take our pot out to get it filled. Then we'd have to boil it and mom would smear the stuff on top on a tostada for me and put sea salt on it. That was the best part of milk man day. Yeah, our milk came straight frmo the farm ^^V

Most farm families I knew as a kid, if they had a cupla cows, they also had a cream separator in the mud room. <grin>

Izzy, it's not that long ago that a lotta folks got milk like that. Eggs too, some of which hadn't been candled.

I knew a lot of folks when I was a kid, though, who would separate the cream from the milk, sell the cream in town and give the milk back to the calves.

And I even learned rather quickly to give a great deal of space to Holstein bulls and even some of the Mama cows.

m

Most farm families I knew as a kid' date=' if they had a cupla cows, they also had a cream separator in the mud room. <grin>

Izzy, it's not that long ago that a lotta folks got milk like that. Eggs too, some of which hadn't been candled.

I knew a lot of folks when I was a kid, though, who would separate the cream from the milk, sell the cream in town and give the milk back to the calves.

And I even learned rather quickly to give a great deal of space to Holstein bulls and even some of the Mama cows.

m

[/quote']

Milk in glass bottles always tasted better! mmmmm!

That's my first Milk Bag as well, First Wine, now Milk.

I have noticed that Milk in a plastic jug tastes ike a Plastic Jug. I only buy milk in the Wax Cardboard Carton. It tastes better and Dr. Oz says that milk in plastic jugs have lost much of their Vitamin A, so a Carton is better for you as well.

P.S. We have a lot of Mud Rooms in the Mountains. It's a big selling point on a house.

Milk kicks ***! As Mr. T said "I pitty the foo who don't drink milk! It's good for the bones"

How come now a days everything that I was told was good for me such as milk, juice, etc is bad for me? Since when was milk or orange juice suddenly unhealthy? WTF is up with that!?!?

I also don't like the constantly washing of hands and cbeing afraid of dirty things. I understand it if you have some condition that makes your immune system weaker but really, I hardly ever wash my hands, I NEVER use hand sanityzer I don't doing any of that. I only get sick maybe once a year, and it's just a common cold or something like that. I can't even remember the last time I was really sick.

Maybe my immune system is really good because I don't wash my hands and ****. It's practice for my immune system :-&

Milk kicks ***! As Mr. T said "I pitty the foo who don't drink milk! It's good for the bones"

How come now a days everything that I was told was good for me such as milk' date=' juice, etc is bad for me? Since when was milk or orange juice suddenly unhealthy? WTF is up with that!?!?

[/quote']

You should read what Jack LaLane says about milk...something to the effect that man is the ONLY animal who consumes milk after infancy.

Archived