Gibson Brands Forums

Cables

Californiaman

As of lately I've gotten some pretty good pedals and find I need some good cables.

What do you recommend?

Someone said Fulltone, someone else Monster.

Any recommendations.

I'm running an overdrive, a fuzz box, a wah-wah, a Mini Deja-Vive 2, and soon the Maxon Analog AD 999.

I would like to use all the same cables.

Again, what's good?:^o

White coily cable from guitar to start of effects chain. Lava Cable Kit between effects.

I'm going off of what Gearmanndude used in his pedal board assembly video.

Actually, I think the cable kit is a good idea. The coily cable, not so much. I use a straight Monster cable and it works just fine for me.

George Ls are great.

I think monster cables are too stiff.

I tried some cables made by apogee once and they sounded nice and clear.

Now I use dimarzio for standard lenght cables and I make the ones I need that they don't make (like when I need a 17cm cable or something like that).

George L's are good quality but their cables do have a distinct reputation for increasing mids. If you are OK with that it is not an issue but if you are looking for a transparent cable you may not like them.

I am going by reading reviews on guitar magazines.

Any coily cable! They are always the best.... Because they're coily!

Really though, if I could I would just have all coily cables (you can get small ones for in between effects). I like how they don't get all twisted up like regular cables do. WHICH I HATE!!!!

Didn't SRV only use cheap radio shack cables cause he liked how they sounded?

ARMOR GOLD ! ARMOR GOLD!! ARMOR GOLD!!!

changed out all my cables for them unbelievable differance!

i've had all monster, all ibenez , all planet waves, and all just plain old crap , did'nt notice any differance between any of them, went ARMOR GOLD and holy **** , massive difference to my ears

really solid constuction , great sound, great price

got 2 - 10' cable, 6 -6" patch , 3 - 12"patch , 2 - 24" patch for $200 somthing , sounds like a lot , but about the same for same amount of monster cables , and monster cables suck ***!!

10' - $ 29

24"- $18

12"- $16

6" - $14

these prices are off the website, and represent half off retail ,so buy directly from website

www.armorgoldcables.com

awesome quality stuff

go with the fulltone's. they're $17 a piece for either 6", 9", or 1 foot (as opposed to monster which are $25 for 9"). they sound great, i cant hear a difference between the fulltone and monster cables. they both sound really great to me, but the fulltone's are a little cheaper. trust me, they dont disappoint!! :-

Mogami cable + Neutrik jacks (1 straight/1 right angle).

Soldering iron' date='solder,you and some spare time - save a heap of bikkies.

;) [/quote']

+1

This goes for the Neutrik jacks. I don't even remember the makers of my cables at home, but I remember a HUGE difference when I went from non-neutrik jacks to neutrik (of the same maker). Whatever you choose, I would recommend that you get somthing with Neutrik jacks. I was so amazed on the difference, that I started a thread back then on the subject.

George L's are good quality but their cables do have a distinct reputation for increasing mids. If you are OK with that it is not an issue but if you are looking for a transparent cable you may not like them.

I think that's a misconception. I like George L's because they don't lop off higher frequencies which, when compared to other cables, might seem to be an increase.

Love George L's.

Archived