Gibson Brands Forums

Hey just got back from my trip...

daveinspain

Was great being in good old bean town (Boston) but it's nice to be back... Enjoyed some quality family time and helped my mother out quite a lot in her house. I got her a "Shower Anywhere" shower stall with grab bars set up in her bedroom downstairs which used to be her dining room. Now she doesn't have to go upstairs at all anymore. Anyone with elderly parents might be interested in this. Had a great couple days skiing with my brother and his daughters and even came home with two guitars... [cool] On the way home on the plane I found the coolest gadget in the duty free magazine. It's a digital scale used to weigh suite cases but works great as a guitar scale. I'm going to make a separate post about that with some pics.... Coolest thing ever! Very accurate and it only cost me $25...

Was great being in good old bean town (Boston) but it's nice to be back... Enjoyed some quality family time and helped my mother out quite a lot in her house. I got her a "Shower Anywhere" shower stall with grab bars set up in her bedroom downstairs which used to be her dining room. Now she doesn't have to go upstairs at all anymore. Anyone with elderly parents might be interested in this. Had a great couple days skiing with my brother and his daughters and even came home with two guitars... [cool] On the way home on the plane I found the coolest gadget in the duty free magazine. It's a digital scale used to weigh suite cases but works great as a guitar scale. I'm going to make a separate post about that with some pics.... Coolest thing ever! Very accurate and it only cost me $25...

Welcome back...you know my mother got to the point where she took her showers in the dining room too!! (too bad there wasn't any plumbing in there!)

Didn't happen huh?! Feast your eyes on this baby!!!!

PortableShower1.jpg

PortableShower2.jpg

MomscatonBed.jpg

There was no pluming in the dining room either but drilled a few holes in the wall for hot, cold and drainage and there you have it... Of course the dinning room was right next to the kitchen so it wasn't hard at all...

Hey Dave' date=' how about the Fender Champ. weren't you going to pick it up in Boston?[/quote']

Yeah, when I got to Boston the Champ was waiting there for me at my mother's house... I loved it, but I left it there. Now when ever I go to visit I'll have a guitar and amp to practice with... :-$

Nice work on the shower' date=' Dave. How many times did you have to go to the plumbing store? That'd be a four or five tripper for me. [biggrin']

Actually it was a kit... Got it from http://www.shower-anywhere.com/. was pretty easy to put together, did that in a couple hours with my brother... Getting it hooked up to the water source and doing the drainage was the tricky part. Everything you need comes in the kit though. The only thing that sent us to the hardware store a couple times was a modification we had to do to get it to drain into the kitchen sink drain. Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Archived