Gibson Brands Forums

What guitar do you belive is worth what the price is?

dem00n

There all worth it I remember almost every guitar I've ever owned and I don't remember anything about the money that's passed through my life. Guitars are uniques and last think about how much money is wasted on cigarettes, booze, expensive food etc that is used and gone and the value goes up petty quickly.

This won't be a popular statement but I think the Les Paul studio and the VM's are rather poor value for the money. To explain almost everyone I have ever known that buys a studio ends up selling it usually within a year or two and usually for a loss to go buy a Standard or other higher end model, I don't know anyone that has sold a Standard so they could go buy a studio or a VM. I regret cheap guitars I have bought because they don't last.

Some of the most expensive guitars I buy have been greatest values over the long run because they give lasting pleasure and if you spread the cost over 20+ years and guitars are a pretty good value after all look how long they last fifty plus years and counting for the Les Paul how many cars does a person go through in 50 years.

Some of the most expensive guitars I buy have been greatest values over the long run because they give lasting pleasure and if you spread the cost over 20+ years and guitars are a pretty good value after all look how long they last fifty plus years and counting for the Les Paul how many cars does a person go through in 50 years.

Most guitars will outlast the people who buy them.

Brand new? Les Paul Studios & Flying Vs are perhaps the best guitars for their money out there, imho. Also, the LTD medium-high value models (yep, not necessarily ESP). Amazing quality.

Plus:

I bought a 09/2002 Washburn Strat, about a month ago. Neck in perfect condition,wide & slim, frets look unplayed, the pickups are fine for the time (they will be swapped in the future), and you almost can never find a small ding at the back of the body. In total, it cost me 160 euros, shipping and all. For that price in Europe, you can get a Boss delay or a Dunlop wah. Sounds really nice and plays like butter...!

This is by far the best buy I ever did, in the cost / quality ratio.

PS: Yes, its the Wasburn Strat that Demoon posted in the Trading Post, of the forum. [biggrin]

This won't be a popular statement but I think the Les Paul studio and the VM's are rather poor value for the money. To explain almost everyone I have ever known that buys a studio ends up selling it usually within a year or two and usually for a loss to go buy a Standard or other higher end model' date=' I don't know anyone that has sold a Standard so they could go buy a studio or a VM.

[b']I regret cheap guitars I have bought [/b]because they don't last.

Yeah, funny how you'll get crucified by the guys who own 3 guitars with a total of $1,000 invested in them.

Somebody who has owned guitar made all around the world at every price point in the market doesn't know

what the hell he's talking about, even after investing more money than many people paid for their homes...

I paid a little more than I would have liked for a couple of the guitars I own, but it was pay up or pass it by.

I chose to buy.

What I regret more is the dozens of smoking deals I passed up because I didn't have the cash on me.

As I've stated before, I refuse to use credit to buy a toy so guitars are cash only - it's a personal thing.

I coulda whipped out the credit card a hundred times to buy something I thought was cool, and priced right.

Yeah' date=' funny how you'll get crucified by the guys who own 3 guitars with a total of $1,000 invested in them.

Somebody who has owned guitar made all around the world at every price point in the market doesn't know

what the hell he's talking about, even after investing more money than many people paid for their homes...

I paid a little more than I would have liked for a couple of the guitars I own, but it was pay up or pass it by.

I chose to buy.

[u']What I regret more is the dozens of smoking deals I passed up because I didn't have the cash on me.

As I've stated before, I refuse to use credit to buy a toy so guitars are cash only - it's a personal thing.[/u]

I coulda whipped out the credit card a hundred times to buy something I thought was cool, and priced right.

Me too!

As I've stated before' date=' I refuse to use credit to buy a toy so guitars are cash only - it's a personal thing.

I coulda whipped out the credit card a hundred times to buy something I thought was cool, and priced right.[/quote']

+1

(or minus 1 to credit...:-k ). I don't even own a credit card. William Buffet when asked to give some good advise to young guys starting their lives / careers, said: ''Stay away from credit cards & invest to yourself''.

Very good policy...

Archived