Gibson Brands Forums

This is me

Silenced Fred

Don't stress it your young and there's some good advice here, as to women you'll find that special one (maybe even several [lol] ) just remember when one disses you there's almost 3 billion other women in the world so odds are in your favor.

Always remember that god created time for a reason - it's so all he bad **** in life doesn't happen at the same time and it's the same for the good stuff so relax and enjoy what's happening now because before you know it it will all change.

Nathan et al...

Actually I think the comments mentioned here would roughly be the same were you a girl.

Sometimes we tend to forget that since all of us are people, we all have similar concerns. There are some cultural differences, especially in "youth," that make boys and girls seem more different, and that's to be expected because in ways we are perceiving ourselves as entering different roles as "adult" boys and girls.

But at my age? Forget the jokes about "senior citizen dates" discussing joint replacements and bifocals, the yin and yang of boy and girl is just as important and interesting - but culturally, our roles are far more similar since functionally we're past looking forward to a future of possible procreation and starting a life within our biological parameters.

Frankly I think it's a lot simpler in ways at my age, but the fact remains that both boys and girls will have friendships and close relationships largely by who and what makes them feel good about themselves. That can get a bit complex.

m

Eh' date=' thanks for the words of advice.

Life has just been at a low point lately. I've been trying to figure it out.

Thanks though. I guess I'll get over her, and just move on from there[/quote']

:- #-o

it must be the fact the the lovable cubbies will finish last in the NL central this year that is bumming you out!

[-(:-k

it must be the fact the the lovable cubbies will finish last in the NL central this year that is bumming you out!

They won't finish last. I'll call it right now. They will win suck, then start to win, then suck again, then win a ton, go to the all star break, suck, win, keep in the middle of the pack, pull forward, look like they are going to win, then suck again.

I'd rather have them not make the playoffs then make a bunch of asses out of themselves by getting swept :-

Thanks for bringing it up though #-o

Stay busy doing what makes you happy.

The girl that doesn't like you never will - so give it up.

When she sees you busy' date=' happy, and doing just fine without her, she may then wonder what makes you tick.

Let her wonder.

Trust me, she's not interested in a mopey, depressed, clingy boy - she has enough to worry about on her own.

What attracts girls?

Confidence, which comes from maturity.

Find something you're good at and just do it, somebody else will notice that you're smiling - and rockin'...

When you don't NEED a girl, that's when they might decide they want to get a little closer out of curiosity.

Tough to do when you're 17 with no job, car, or place of your own, but get used to the idea now.

Once you have some cash in your pocket and freedom to do as you please with your spare time, you'll start

meeting girls in places you never thought to look.

Good luck.

[/quote']

Ut oh theres a pattern developing here. I totally agree with this. There are soooooooo many girls out there and I learned the hard way that being needy and clingy just pushes them away more. The harder you squeeze, the more runs right thru your fingers. Just do your thing and you might be surprised what will happen.

Archived