Gibson Brands Forums

no more guitars for me...

Thundergod

no more guitars for me my friends... out of "need" that is... i just plugged my moded epi and played for 2 hours non-stop... im even plpaying now as i read the forum... (types a word... plays... types half another word... plays)...

She is the perfect axe for metal... you couldnt believe the sounds im getting out of her... from maiden and judas, to nightwish and angra, to craddle of filth and children of boddom... wow!!! i dont know why those emgs didnt sound this way before... maybe refinishing her was a good thing after all...

She doesnt do any good for softer music... but hey, who´s that sitting over there...? my les paul standard faded... (leaves the epi on the stand, picks les paul up and starts playing some blues)... wow ... great guitar, the most beautiful and good sounding guitar i´ve ever played and owned... dont get me wrong, she does heavy too, but black metal? i wouldnt take her there...

FINALLY!!! i feel like i dont need to buy any other guitar for the rest of my life... of course i will buy more guitars... but never again ouot of need...

i want (not need) a melody maker and a sg, a tele and a strat, but thats it... i´m selling my other guitars and keeping my gibby and my epi.

anyone in south america up to buying some used guitars?

This are the first to go (will post pics and the others as soon as i figure the prices):

Fender showmaster qbt hh $400

Fender showmaster goldtop (hh) $600

DeArmond M75t blue sparkle $400

Epiphone G-400 faded $200

I know... a lot of crappy guitar

Ya EMG'S are the devils man, I love-em. Do they make that axe vibrate? I hate to say-it since your in your denile stage today, but the way you describe things about your guitar, Your an addicit and your just fool-in yourself, you'll be out to buy again soon. P.S. fenders, you have fenders, and no gibson's. I thought you had to own at least one to play on this site or is it two fenders, I can't remember, but one thing for sure when you relapse your gone-a buy a real gibson right. Or get one of these noiseless tex-mex with a factory 12db boost. This is one of my favorite bar axe's, the high e broke last night, so I brought her home from the bar and got here at home for a tune up. Great blusey axe and these powerhouse strats are cheep, picked this one up used for 400.00000_3997.jpg000_3996.jpg and it looks good on that gibson case.

Thunder,

I've said the same thing a few times..................................................but about once a year I find a guitar that I want, and it usually ends up coming home.

G.A.S is an incurable, insidious affliction. While it may go into remission, it never goes away.....LOL!

no more guitars for me my friends...

Now where have I heard that one before? =;

I think I said that with my first Strat back around 1962.. But! Since then I had a 64 335' date=' then a[/size'], then a, then a, then a, then a, then a.....

Yeah, come on Thunder, you're only kidding yourself here. =;

Look at me, I don't need anymore either, but I just ordered one today. They ordered four R8s for me to chose...gigiddy!

Prediction - you'll have a SG before the year's over. Do yourself a favor and tell the wife now, so she won't be so angry when you do make the purchase. =;

I hear ya but Iwish I had a nickel for evey time I've said that!!!

if I had all those nickels I'd have ??? who am I kidding I'd just use the money on guitars and/or amps that Black Heart Killer Ant and the 10" cab are really looking kinda fun today!

I hear ya but Iwish I had a nickel for evey time I've said that!!!

if I had all those nickels I'd have ??? who am I kidding I'd just use the money on guitars and/or amps that Black Heart Killer Ant and the 10" cab are really looking kinda fun today!

At least 12 nickels based on your avatar! O:)

hehehe just came back from playing all day... played only my gibson les paul and didnt need to change guitars once... i used to take 5 guitars to any rehearsal... now i´m content with my gibson... that epi is a very good backup and metal axe but i gotta admit gibsons are the best guitars... i´ll sell most of my guitars and buy a melody, a sg, a tele, and a strat... the fenders just for symetry! but i´not gonna be in a rush about it anymore... just made up my mind and believe me, im that kind of guy... havent smoked in 9 years after i decided not to... and for the past 8 years have drink only ocasionally, after having the habit of drinking a lot... so i guess buying guitar gear and guitars should be as easy...

...damn, you guys are right who am i trying to fool... now that i have tasted a gibson things can only get worst!

Ya EMG'S are the devils man' date=' I love-em. Do they make that axe vibrate? I hate to say-it since your in your denile stage today, but the way you describe things about your guitar, Your an addicit and your just fool-in yourself, you'll be out to buy again soon. P.S. fenders, you have fenders, and no gibson's.[/quote']

hey man ... she vibrates plenty... i dont know how i got bored of them emgs in the first place... to think i wanted to change them...

i still like my gibson more than the epi (i´m not that mad you know...) im just exited about her looking all virgin again... time to mess her up a little? =P~

I know i´m an adict! i just want to quit while its safe =D>

and well about the fenders... thats a completely different story... i was younger and dumber! dont like them very much now... i wanted a strat looking guitar, but i wanted 2 humbuckers... and i wanted it to be a fender (dont know why... really!).

Archived