Gibson Brands Forums

Guitarists/Musicians Wanted!

Lowdown

Now that I've got your attention[biggrin] ,I have a plan.

I need everyone/anyone interested who has access to recording facilities (and that should be just about all of us these daze) as I have an idea (actually it's already recorded) for a Gib Forum song/jam that I wanna get up and running.

I'll put up the basic bed tracks and edit everything if I get enough interest. I've already done this before on another forum which worked out great and was a ton of fun.

So...ANYONE who is interested and wants to give it a go...sign up.

So,who's in[biggrin]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm assuming that you have Wav. Files in mind....or something that will transfer to different types of DAWs? Talk some more about your idea.

No. Not specifically.

Does not have to be any specific format as it can always be converted. I'm not going to get into the trivialities here on what platform is better etc. as this not what this is about OK.[biggrin]

Though saying that' date='I [i']will[/i] upload files in the mp3 format at 256 kbs to retain quality.

Now this is how it will play out so,pay attention:

1. I will upload a backing track with Bass/Drums/maybe Vox and a basic Guitar bed track.

Then send/give you a link to download from SoundClick.

2. You will download this file and drop it into your DAW.

3. Record your single Guitar/whatever track.

4. You will then upload your single track only without the backing track by sending me the file via e-mail or uploading to your SoundClick account or similar.

5. Repeat and stir if necessary for more tracks.

6. I will drop your tracks in and edit as necessary.

7. Finished product to follow...

So,what do you think? Any questions?

Update:

Alright,so I just started laying down some tracks.

I've decided to do a cover of "Rocky Mountain Way".

Easy song that everyone should know and if they don't it's no problem to pick up and put your on take into it.

I'll do a bed track and take the first solo.

What anyone else chooses to do from there is entirely up to them.

Have noticed this thread's had a lotta hits but little replies...I'm hoping more of you come on board when it gets underway...

Anyways,hope to have something to throw up in the next couple of days.

I know it would be harder' date=' but I would much rather create something new than make a cover...is anyone else open to that or am I on my own? hehehe[/quote']

Sure!

But first let's try a cover so everyone can get the general idea of how this thing works OK.

Then we'll try something original,it's no rush.

Besides I've already started.[lol]

Glad to see the interest fellas.

Pan,what do you have? PC? Maybe I/someone can help?

I call this one Ham Octive Jam http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8753473

Blackie' date='

as always mate...YOU da man!:-&

Is it just me,or can I hear a touch of "Black Dog" in there?...:-k

UPDATE:

Here ya go...Joe.[biggrin]

C'mon and dive in.

I haven't bothered doing any vox for it.Yet. But whoever wants to jump on board with this,please do. It's all in the name of fun.

Post your own completed version on Soundclick/whatever and also send me a bare track so I can edit and drop it into my master track here and comp it.

Get cracking fellas.

Not to hijack the thread, but on a fairly similar topic, wouldn't it be kind of cool if some of us got togheter and actually made a complete collaborative album with original material? I'm thinking of something like what the guys over at Ultimate Guitar have done a couple of times now. Although my recordning capabilities are slightly limited, thanks to just having a guitar and no other istruments, but I guess I could add loops and stuff in Garageband or get someone else to record specific parts for a song?

I don't know what you think, but I think it could turn out pretty good if we put some effort into it.

Yeah,but you're getting WAY ahead of yourself there mate.

I'm flat out recording and piecing together my own project as it is at the moment. This is just for sh*ts and giggles. I put this together in a day and a 1/2.

I like where you're coming from but I don't really think that too many people on this forum are really interested in putting something like this together,fun or not.

Head on over to HERE if you really want to have a serious collaboration. Sorry,unfortunately...but just check out the hits compared to the replies.

Hope I'm proved wrong.[biggrin]

Yeah' date='but you're getting WAY ahead of yourself there mate.

I'm flat out recording and piecing together my own project as it is at the moment. This is just for sh*ts and giggles. I put this together in a day and a 1/2.

I like where you're coming from but I don't really think that too many people on this forum are really interested in putting something like this together,fun or not.

Head on over to HERE if you really want to have a serious collaboration. Sorry,unfortunately...but just check out the hits compared to the replies.

Hope I'm proved wrong.[blush]

Oh well, it's out there now anyway B)

Archived