Gibson Brands Forums

smashing up guitars...

S t e v e

i know it's a bit of a silly one but hey it's friday night [biggrin]' date=' iv'e voting for ritchie mainly because he's still adjusting his effects whilst smashing it up [cool']

Those aren't FX, that's a bass keyboard like you'd use with an organ. Not sure what ritchie blackmoore's damage was, but seems like in the late seventies he was not a happy man.

When I was young it was a fad among college kids to get together and smash up pianos. I was shocked that anyone could do that to a musical instrument. It still turns me off. All the more so if it's a "musician" doing the destruction.

I think it was Paul from Kiss that would come out with base model guitar an smash it as part of there act on one of their tours.

I think it was Paul cause Ace got all the smoke an fireworks in his act.

But Pete it was some real emotion...........Hendrix I note for his lighter fluid act........

Just saw KISS on the 35 Alive tour and Paul did smash up one of his guitars , I think he plays washburns or silvertones now , the crowd went crazy for it , but everyone around me was already pretty tore up by then because we're all old enough to drink now !!!

Archived