Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup selection

Silenced Fred

Yeah... um no.

See' date=' I use it kinda as a beater guitar. I am thinking of going with a p90 cuz I don't have one.

[/quote']

No, P-90's are great pups you shouldnt waste it on a **** guitar then.

Wait till you get a acutal nice guitar with p-90's.

Dimarzio.

Its high output. [laugh]

Dem00n, you don't always have to piss in the pudding.

Nathan, is this for a humbucker route? If so, then what I would do, at least, is go for something like a P-94. Those get a really great, interesting sound--very close to the P-90, but humbucker-sized so you wouldn't have to re-route.

Good luck on figuring this all out. Oh, and I know it's kind of a **** question, but why are you changing the pickup? Does the one that's in it now really not work for you?

No' date=' P-90's are great pups you shouldnt waste it on a **** guitar then.

Wait till you get a acutal nice guitar with p-90's.[/quote']

It's not a sh¡t guitar, it is just beat up a little. Finish is wearing and stuff. It has a great neck on it. I just use it as a "beater" because I don't have to worry about the finish and stuff getting beat up or chipped [cool]

XDemon- I don't really care for the stock pickup that much. Yes, it is humbucker routed but I'd make a p90 fit [laugh]

I'm not that sure what pickup to go for, henceforth me making this post... :-

If you are going for a single coil I recommend either the Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Blues or Virtual Vintage Pro. They're warmer and quiet.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you were looking for a humbucker.

One Pickup, is it a Humbucker?

I have an old Ibanez V with one Humbucker in it. I'm thinking about taking Mojo Red Foots advice and put in a Lace Dually with a coil Splitting Push Pull tone. I'm thinking maybe a Blue/Red or Silver/Blue. The Blue is my favorite Lace, so far.

Got a pic of this thing, I bet I knew one in High School [thumbup]

One Pickup' date=' is it a Humbucker?

I have an old Ibanez V with one Humbucker in it. I'm thinking about taking Mojo Red Foots advice and put in a Lace Dually with a coil Splitting Push Pull tone. I'm thinking maybe a Blue/Red or Silver/Blue. The Blue is my favorite Lace, so far.

Got a pic of this thing, I bet I knew one in High School [cool

Didn't see your response there :-

And yeah, Fred, I have never seen your gear before. You know the rules.

So for the P_Rail guys- what would I need to do to install them? How do you switch em?

You can use mini switches to switch it, or push pull pots (I think).

Other than the installation of the swictes/pots I'm pretty sure its the same as any other pup to install.

TG might know more I seem to recall him talking about em a while back.

You can use mini switches to switch it' date=' or push pull pots (I think).

Other than the installation of the swictes/pots I'm pretty sure its the same as any other pup to install.

TG might know more I seem to recall him talking about em a while back.[/quote']

Well, I have seen certain "rings" you put on them, and it has a switch on there or something.

only one knob- volume. So, I think I would probably install a switch I guess...

Archived