Gibson Brands Forums

Case candy

sgman

Just recently purchased a brand new 61 reissue and since I had no idea what to expect to find inside the case, I just wanted to be sure I got what I paid for.

I love the guitar and was knocked out when I saw how awesome the case was. First impression was the beautiful vanilla aroma from inside the case. I checked out to see what goodies came with it and was a little disappointed that all I got was a verification card with serial number etc and an instruction manual with an adjustable key. No Gibson guitar polish or anything.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but when I bought my Fender American Standard Strat, I got all the goodies I mentioned and more. So I was kinda expecting similar things with the 61 RI.

Anybody else who has the 61 RI, what did you find when you first opened up the case?(Apart from the guitar of course)

Sorry if I sound like I'm being petty, and I know that it's the guitar itself which is the most important thing (which it is), but I just expected a little more.

Man, I love the smell of my guitar case, I thought I was crazy and or the only one or both. Mine came with the same, but the rep threw in the gibson winder/polish/cloth and pics kit for free. Sales people usually have wiggle room when it comes to accessories because the markup on the accessories is pretty high. It would be pretty awesome though if they rigged it so when you opened the little compartment confetti shoots out and goes TA-DA!

Just recently purchased a brand new 61 reissue and since I had no idea what to expect to find inside the case' date=' I just wanted to be sure I got what I paid for.

I love the guitar and was knocked out when I saw how awesome the case was. First impression was the beautiful vanilla aroma from inside the case. I checked out to see what goodies came with it and was a little disappointed that all I got was a verification card with serial number etc and an instruction manual with an adjustable key. No Gibson guitar polish or anything.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but when I bought my Fender American Standard Strat, I got all the goodies I mentioned and more. So I was kinda expecting similar things with the 61 RI.

Anybody else who has the 61 RI, what did you find when you first opened up the case?(Apart from the guitar of course)

Sorry if I sound like I'm being petty, and I know that it's the guitar itself which is the most important thing (which it is), but I just expected a little more.[/quote']

dam you got a truss rod wrench !...thats about what to expect..........I mean you got a dam nice guitar.

It would be pretty awesome though if they rigged it so when you opened the little compartment confetti shoots out and goes TA-DA!

lol......yeah either that or at least a drum roll as soon as the latches to the case are clicked open.

Seriously though, apart from the guitar aspect of it, a lot of my anticipation was to see what goodies were inside the case once I opened it, but it just wasn't to be.

All things aside though, I am extremely happy with the SG 61 RI and it has exceeded all my wildest dreams (amazing tone, the awesome looks, fast neck, sustain that just goes on and on, loads and loads of grunt), and at the end of the day, that's all that really matters right!

Pics on the way!

Although, i world refer to have to buy the goodies, than have the prices go up, most of us already have straps/picks/guitar polish/whatever hanging around... i think chucking some plastic dunlop straploks would be a nice idea though, stop necky breaky syndrome

I dunno to be honest with you.

I hate the VOS finishes so I never even look twice at them.

Damned shame too - nice guitars.

Maybe you've seen the pics of my SG 61 enough you're getting Maestro on the brain...

[confused]

3374000133_fb036361ca.jpg

Mine was one of only 48 made in 2006.

Around the turn of the century they built quite a few of them.

Archived