Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Instrumental song

MojoRedFoot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tulsa...

Yeah, Link was in ways the original "bad boy" of rock - not a "pretty with a curl in the middle of the forehead" bad boy, but just ... musically and otherwise in ways, a bad boy. Military veteran... just found it hard to "fit" otherwise, from all I can gather about him.

He did some vocals, too, in spite of having horrid lung problems. Not bad at all.

But... nothing ever came close to matching Rumble. He ended up in Europe as I recall and Rumble was his game the rest of his life - as far as I can tell.

One song defined his career - but there was good stuff besides "Rumble."

It was a unique piece at the right time.

m

• 5 months later...

You know, for me it's Joe Satriani's "One Big Rush". I know it's a short song and all, but when it came out, it just hit me at the right time and mood. I love the melody and the licks, man. Plus it was on "Say Anything", the movie, and it being one of my favorite movies, it cemented it. I know Satch has more stuff out there, but for me, that one is one of, if not, my most favorite instrumental (for now, at least [biggrin] )

So what? I like my classical-era serenades.

Beethoven was better! Aw just kidding.

I like em too, and nobody said that they had to be guitar instrumentals, so youré correct.

........Did they forget to mention something about the instrument?

Well if weré gonna get intellectual, why don´t we make a transcription of this piece for 20 electric guitars, 3 mandolins, 16 lutes,and 4 Chapman sticks. We can email the transcriptions to England!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJagb7hL0E

This one´s for you Whako!!

Archived