Gibson Brands Forums

Indie Music

ShredAstaire

Who's listening to some good indie rock these days? No not the "genre"...just bands who are not on any label....local bands, whatever...

I've been listening to a bit of an instrumental "Stoner Rock" band called Electric Magma out of Toronto. They are somewhat well known around here within that scene....anyone know em?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D7_OIG5eTw[/YOUTUBE]

Can be somewhat repetitive if you're not in the mood but its groovy as hell.

I wanna hear some new local bands from your cities...post away!

They're pretty well known at this point at this point due to the car commercial, but I've been absolutely addicted to Grizzly Bear for the past few weeks, especially the song "Two Weeks."

It's great to see a band that's going after something new and finding their own sound, when it's so rare these days. Everyone's trying to recapture the sound of the "glory days" of music (60s, 70s) instead of doing something new, and it's sad.

They're pretty well known at this point at this point due to the car commercial' date=' but I've been absolutely addicted to Grizzly Bear for the past few weeks, especially the song "Two Weeks."

It's great to see a band that's going after something new and finding their own sound, when it's so rare these days. Everyone's trying to recapture the sound of the "glory days" of music (60s, 70s) instead of doing something new, and it's sad.[/quote']

What's sad is music genres get tagged with a Time Period and left for Dead every 10 years. What chance does and Indie Band actually have when music is considered Perishable.

I'm really getting into these guys lately:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

The whole act may seem a little gimmicky, with all of the effects and live looping stuff, but I think that there's some really solid musicianship and heartfelt performance here. I've caught them playing in NYC Subway stations and street corners, and I've chatted with them now and then. They're really cool, approachable guys.

http://www.hethandjed.com/fr_index.cfm

Hey Shred are the Cactus guys a local band in NC ?......they look kind of familiar.............

Nope.

They are actually from Phenix, I don't even think they have played NC before. As a matter of fact they are new for 2010 more or less. But they are great guys and all really good musicians and I'm standing behind them 100%

...I've been listening to a bit of an instrumental "Stoner Rock" band called Electric Magma out of Toronto. They are somewhat well known around here within that scene....anyone know em?

This is the first I've heard of these guys. Pretty rad. They've got some cool droney (is that a word?) riffs.

There are a couple bands that I'm digging in Pittsburgh right now (German Shepherd, Broughton's Rules, Knot Feeder) but I couldn't find any YouTube stuff for them.

Archived